Trump Spells “Infidelity” with Two Ds

What the most direct line of impact in the revelations of the last 24 hours is, is that Michael Cohen may be in some deep shit. He was almost certainly running the kind of conspiratorial use of an LLC to shield dark money from reporting that goes beyond regulatory violations and instead goes into prosecution of serious crimes.

And with that said, NOTHING that we’ve seen implicates the president. So far, it appears that this was Cohen acting for the benefit of Michael Cohen.

BUT…this now gives either the investigators in the SDNY office or the investigators in Mueller’s probe the leverage of real jail time to hang over Cohen’s head in order to flip him.

It also gives us a glimpse at the tip of an iceberg for what kind of case that the SDNY and/or Mueller may make to a judge for why the materials seized in their raid of Cohen’s home and office is germane to the possibility of some serious wrongdoing.

I thought some of the money went to the Inauguration fund, but I could be mistaken.

That I agree with. I mean, we already knew he must have to get the sort of warrant they did. But now we have an idea of what sort of thing might lead to that warrant (though it may not actually be these transactions). If nothing else, those Novartis payments look like textbook reporting avoidance structuring.

Trump is essentially extorting companies into paying him and his cronies.

We are now on our 4th (by my count) explanation from Novartis.

I love how the oligarch’s company is painting themselves as the victim here.

“I am simple Russki businessman, havink no understanding of You Ess of Ay ways. This man is comink to me and I have no choice but to pay him or Trump is angry, da?”

Looks like we’re going to get some AT&T revisions soon…

These companies do realise you can sign up to Twitter for free, right?

I can’t decide whether @Ginger_Yellow or @Gordon_Cameron win the internet today

That is a transparent lie, or a laughable excuse. The defence is “we are such bad business people we paid someone $100K per month for advice which we knew was useless so we stopped listening but kept paying.”

Jesus come up with a better lie than that.

I need to find someone to pay me $ 1.2 million for useless advice. :(

I’d be happy to tell you exactly how to get that done for $1.1 million, @lordkosc

I’ve seen similarly worded agreements. Take it from Novartis’ side. $1.2 million out for no access sucks, but $1.2 million to not have the POTUS pissed at you during Obamacare negotiations is a small price to pay.

Almost as bad as Killary accepting $600k in speaking fees from Goldman Sachs and then refusing to release transcripts of her comments!

– Gordon, right-wing pundit in training

They’ve already declared this excuse inoperable and come up with a new one.

You are replying with Novartis’s 2.0 answer to Rod’s reaction to Novartis’s 1.5 answer.

Here is how Novartis and AT&T are in my mind right now

Ah thanks. So they think we wont notice if the story changes until they come up with something that works?