Trump Spells “Infidelity” with Two Ds

I’m surprised no one has brought up Clinton (Bill, not Hillary) and Lewinski. Or maybe they have, and I haven’t noticed. Probably the latter. It seems there are surface similarities, but many more differences in the two cases?

The go-to line for the nutso rightwing if you point out their reaction to Clinton is, “He did that while in OFFICE! Trump did this before he was president. So it’s fine. Also it didn’t happen. Also shut up.”

Today of of the Fox shows (Outnumbered, maybe?) that I tuned across had this new take - Clinton’s best poll numbers came after the scandal. Ergo, sex scandal = good.

Also it doesn’t matter anyway.

Well, the difference is that Clinton lied about it and telling a lie about anything when you’re President is an impeachable offense because if you’re willing to lie about your personal life you can’t be trusted to uphold the honor and integrity required of the office. Totally different situation than Trump

I see what you did there.

Trump doesn’t need to lie about it. He pays people to lie about it for him.

Trump paying people. That’s funny.

Yeah, I always felt that Clinton’s sin was being, at best, disingenuous, and at worse, a liar; I don’t really care about his domestic relationships or infidelities. With Trump, yeah, who cares where he puts his biggerly “Trump Tower.” We already know he’s a slimeball. The legal shenanigans, cover-ups, lies, and threats are a lot more significant.

Also, Clinton never pretended to be anything but a horndog. While Trump personally never claimed to be anything else either, his party sure as hell has run on family values and all that, so much so that it does kind of make a difference.

Still, I’m more concerned in the long run with crap like the return of Bolton to anything close to the corridors of power.

I’ve seen several jokes that Stormy was better prepared for her 60 minutes interview than Betsy Devos, Secretary of Education.

Not sure why you would need to couch that as a ‘joke’ rather than just an observation.

I always thought the worst part was he did it with an intern at work. That and he was married, but I guess I am just old fashioned that way.

Well, from a personal point of view, yes, I share your revulsion on both. And you can argue the abuse of power should be part of the indictment as well. I’d agree on that too. From the perspective of impeachment, though, the dishonesty seems the biggest issue, followed as you remind us by the abuse of power angle.

Why is it that in two-thirds of the pictures I see of Fox News talking heads they either look like they just took a massive hit from a bong or are making that face like they just passed gas and hope nobody else can smell it? I’m guessing it’s because working for Fox News for any length of time requires you either be stoned or full of self-loathing…possibly both.

So Trumps indiscretion should be treated Clinton’s. So Fox wants Trump impeached?