Trump Spells “Infidelity” with Two Ds

THE YELLOW KING

I’m on episode 5, spoilers!

I don’t know anything about these sorts of things, so I have no idea how this might affect the case.

http://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/389915-avenatti-withdraws-motion-to-represent-stormy-daniels-in-cohen-case?amp

Michael Avenatti has withdrawn his request to represent adult-film star Stormy Daniels in the case centered on the FBI raid of President Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen.

Shortly after a conference hearing Wednesday in a federal district court in Manhattan, Avenatti withdrew his request to weigh in on the case.

Cohen is reportedly being investigated, among other things, for the $130,000 he paid Daniels ahead of the 2016 presidential election to keep quiet about the affair she says she had with Trump.

Avenatti reportedly faced tough questions during the hearing from federal District Judge Kimba Wood, who told him in court on Wednesday he would have to stop his “publicity tour” if he wanted to participate in the case.

Did we know this already? The Trump tapes are real:

Here comes the footnote brigade!

1. The case Avenatti withdrew himself from is the criminal case the Justice Department is pursuing against Cohen, which is not to be confused with Daniels’s two civil suits (one to be let out of the NDA agreement with Trump/Cohen, the other a defamation suit against Trump.)

2. The judge in the fed case basically told Avenatti that if he wanted in, then he’d have to shut the hell up in public, for fear of ruining the feds’ case. Avenatti opted to bow out. This was probably the right call for both the judge and Avenatti.

3. The tapes in question are of Cohen’s conversations, not the White House tapes of Trump’s meeting with Comey that Trump has vaguely hinted might exist, nor the infamous “pee tape.” Nobody knows for sure yet what the Cohen tapes contain. They may not have anything to do with Trump, indeed they may not have anything to do with anything in the cases. So Avenatti was grandstanding when he called them “Trump tapes” and asked them to be immediately released. WaPo article on the day’s events.

Would be quite something to see Trump in Judge Wood’s courtroom ;)

Didn’t we also learn today (and this is more specific to the Cohen raid than perhaps to Stormy Daniels and Michael Avenatti) that investigators are piecing together evidence from shredded documents, which is apparently something that is an FBI specialty and that they’re quite good at doing?

Avenatti is SUPER shady. So many skeletons in his closet.

The Opening Arguments is the best coverage of everything Avenatti, good and bad:

https://openargs.com/

Avenatti and Daniels just filed a new lawsuit.

This one is against Keith Davidson, Daniels’s old attorney, alleging Davidson was colluding with Cohen (and hence acting against Daniels’s interests.)

There’s been some shady shit with that lawyer that we’ve seen for a while…

He was ALSO a lawyer for some of the other women who Trump banged, right? And he had contacts with Cohen for a long time.

There appears to be some suggestion that this guy was essentially in cahoots with Cohen, and he’d kind of seek out these women, take their cases, with the specific intent of settling in a favorable way for Trump.

If that’s actually the case, it’s turbo illegal, I think.

That would be a great band name.

“Turbo Illegal”

Presumably a Judas Priest cover band formed by ex-cons.

Breaking the Law is obviously in the setlist!

I would buy that album.

Guess who lied about his pron habits?

Dammit! Those were billable hours recruiting!