Trump Spells “Infidelity” with Two Ds

Yet it wasn’t even his money. It was money from a charity that he controls.

That’s the spin I am seeing from a lot of Trumpsters and right wing GOP today.

“It wasn’t campaign money, so there is no crime.” Full stop.

Incredible. The absolute willful ignorance and blindness of what’s left of the GOP and it’s supporters is staggering.

“All politicians are crooks, so we need to exempt them from the few laws that can stop them from being crooks. Also we love Trump because he’s going to Drain the Swamp while being more corrupt than anyone in history.”

Yeah, that’s the mental gymnastics that astounds me. This guy was elected to remove the crooks and the people who voted for him completely ignored that he was and still is the most corrupt man to ever occupy the office.

Once you grasp that for Trump and many of his supporters, corruption means less the violation of law than the violation of established hierarchies, their behavior makes more sense. Since 2014, Trump has employed the phrase rule of law nine times in tweets. Seven of them refer to illegal immigration.
Why were Trump’s supporters so convinced that Clinton was the more corrupt candidate even as reporters uncovered far more damning evidence about Trump’s foundation than they did about Clinton’s? Likely because Clinton’s candidacy threatened traditional gender roles. For many Americans, female ambition—especially in service of a feminist agenda—in and of itself represents a form of corruption.

Yeah, I know how they get there, but the way it works in their brains is astounding. Everything comes back to fundamental problems with these people. They’re racist or they see women as lesser people or both or worse.

Yes, once it’s understood that “Make America Great Again” and all other Trump slogans are basically code speech for “Put White Christian Males Back In Charge Of Everything” it becomes much much easier to grasp the mindset of the MAGA crowd.

The fact that said White Christian Males can rob the government blind while they’re at it is just icing on the 1% cake, not something the MAGA crowd concerns themselves with.

Aaaand it turns out the reason National Enquirer CEO David Pecker is cooperating with the Feds is that they have something on him. Quelle surprise!

Well lots of stuff Pecker did at the Enquirer certainly counted as in-kind campaign donations which were almost certainly illegal and unreported, so it’s not surprising the Feds have something on him.

trump has a pecker problem. giggle.

Today’s Opening Arguments episode has quite a bit on Cohen and Pecker and Manafort. Worth a listen for the legal perspective.

The irony is that the Enquirer won’t be covering this story, even though it involves its meat and potatoes - an aging celebrity and a sex scandal.

I’m thinking “Trump screwed by Pecker”

‘Pecker Nails Trump’.

Trump screwed by Pecker after Cohen fingers him.

Mueller Bends Pecker to Screw Trump

Oh man, I can’t top that.

I just posted on Facebook, that I’m going to be praying to the patron saint of headline writers in the future, cause she has lots of mana.

The envelope please …

“I never trust a man unless I’ve got his pecker in my pocket.” - LBJ

Can I rearrange slightly to:

Fingered by Cohen, Pecker screws Trump