Trump Spells “Infidelity” with Two Ds

That’s kinda what I was getting at earlier.

Yup. I wasn’t in the ‘This makes him terrible’ train, but definitely more the ‘the guy is sketchy, this wouldn’t be shocking to me, but the circumstances are rather curious so let’s play this out and see if this is Wohl being a tool’ camp.

If Jacob Wohl is actually involved in anything I’d became 10x more skeptical, though I’m not clear if that’s actually true?

But his overall sketchiness, here’s Opening Arguments back in June:

Today’s episode takes a deep dive into allegations of attorney misconduct. We begin with following investigative reporting concerning the involuntary bankruptcy of the Eagan Avenatti firm, and discover some potentially disturbing facts about the lawyer who’s currently outfoxing the bad guys at every turn, Michael Avenatti.

Opening Arguments is a great podcast that comes at things from a progressive perspective. They had very positive things to say about Avenatti during the Daniels case but they also sniffed out his sketchiness long before this recent stuff.

I like OA, but they do tend to go on. Does any of it pertain to Avenatti having violent tendencies towards women?

Nothing like that, no. But some very sketchy financial and legal maneuvers.

See the mistake is that you think people think he’s a scumbag because of the wife-beating or whatever.
He’s a scumbag, regardless, and people have been saying it long before this recent thing started.

And when you’re a scumbag and someone accuses you of doing something scummy… well, people are going to likely think along the lines of: “That doesn’t really surprise me.”

Bingo.

And I’ll go past that: it wasn’t “Someone accused him of doing something scummy”. It was the LAPD telling all major media that the arrest was related to felony domestic abuse.

Is that not actionable? Since it was not true?

They arrested him on suspcion of that. The DA has declined to formally press that charge.

I’m going to guess that the city attorney won’t press any misdemeanor charges, either.

I’m guessing that would be the bruising? When he threw her out? There are also allegations that she was intoxicated as well.

Lets not forget:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/los-angeles-prosecutors-decline-to-file-felony-domestic-abuse-charges-against-michael-avenatti/2018/11/21/c8ac3024-edd6-11e8-96d4-0d23f2aaad09_story.html?utm_term=.d2ba13775785

Michael Bachner, Miniutti’s attorney, said he is confident that the case will be charged as a misdemeanor by the city attorney.

“Although we are disheartened by the decision of the District Attorney’s Office, we are not necessarily surprised by it. We are confident, however, that the city attorney, upon review of the facts, will determine that the misdemeanor charge is appropriate. It’s fully warranted,” Bachner said.

The DA just declined to charge him with a felony, a misdemeanor charge is still entirely possible.
They also granted the restraining order.

Pretty sure you can hold on to that belief.

He’s just not a wife beater.

Sure, but “girlfriend shover” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

Well, Wohl said he was involved. Then again, Wohl is an outright liar so perhaps this was just a stab at trying to reclaim the spotlight and he didn’t have anything to do with it.

Avenatti’s troubles are just beginning:

INAL and all that, but couldn’t filing a lawsuit without the plaintiff’s permission get the lawyer disbarred? Though it’s odd that she didn’t bother to complain until after it was over.

But the real nugget of news from this is that the NDA lawsuit isn’t over yet. (The NDA lawsuit, remember, was the first lawsuit filed, and different from the defamation lawsuit.) I thought it became moot when Trump said he wasn’t going to contest it, but apparently oral arguments in the case start December 3rd.

Behold, the smocking gun!

The reason this is here is not to make fun of Donnie’s spelling (though while we’re here: bwahahahaha!) but to point out that Trump is now publicly admitting he authorized the Stormy Daniels payoff. The only thing under dispute now is whether it is/he knew it is a violation of campaign finance law.

Way to tie your lawyers hands, Donnie!

If it’s a violation of law, ignorance is no defense, correct?

“but even if it was…”

Nice work, dumbass.

It seems pretty apparent from what the SDNY prosecutors have stated in their filings, that they have evidence that Cohen and Trump acted this way with the intention of violating the law.

What civil case of Obama’s is he referencing there? Did Obama have a campaign contribution civil case against him?