Trump supporters storm the Capitol Building

With poorly working window latches.

https://youtu.be/LQoupaETUTc

I know Tortilla said they weren’t specifically tied to AWS upthread, but, just to look at this from a strategic point of view, your argument is:

1. they built their infrastructure taking advantage of a specific set of tools only available from a single platform (making them a single point of failure); and
  2. they built their business model on attracting refugees from a major competitor service (Twitter); and
  3. the single platform from #1 happens to own the major competitor service from #2

So they put all their eggs in one basket, and that basket was owned by their primary competitor? If that is true, the Pirate Bay guys comments about Parler’s stupidity dramatically understates how dumb they are, doesn’t it?

Uh…Amazon doesn’t own Twitter.

But the guys behind Parler are demonstrably stupid. What you don’t do is build a “free speech” platform and then build up a back log of 25,000 takedown requests of violent and reprehensible content, and not assume you’re going to get shut down eventually.

The Pirate Bay had nation states hunting them, and still do, and they are still up.

I dont know what, if anything is going to happen in DC now. I think very little. The white supremacists won’t be coming back in the face of well organized 20K National guard troops with permission to kill. But even if there is no further unrest, think of the cost of deploying the troops and setting up all of the security etc. Has to be staggering. So in one sense, the coupists got the government to spend a crap load of money due to their cause.

I predict at least some idiots come back and get arrested or worse.

I agree. There won’t be a mass attack on the inauguration.

However, the threat of a bomb or a lone shooter is still high I think.

Totally right. I’m confusing my Twitter and my Twitch – both being social media I don’t use. Sorry about that (and thank you for the gentle takedown!) :-)

As far as I’m concerned he’s been doing this for four years, and flaunting it with his private Putin meetings.

I am very sorry. I hear and feel this. I think it was late January 8th or so that my family and future family cleaved in two. Suddenly both my fiance’s and my phone was lighting up with text messages about other members in the family and January 6th. A spark went off on Facebook and it went full on mega fire within the family. Everything is seemingly burned to the ground now with smoldering tribal hate and fact immunized beliefs. At the start of COVID, there was a part that was very Fox friendly. It would seem that group, since the isolation of COVID, has now declared Fox as too liberal and catering to Disney while embracing Plandemic, OAN, Parler, and every conspiracy found therein. These are not distant relatives that I see once in a blue moon. They are the closest of ties and only distant due to continuous lockdown here.

I have a parallel dialogue going on in my head about the current events. One is about the national implication. The other is a very personal worry about the extreme family schism that I have no idea how to practically navigate either now or in a future post-COVID/ lockdown time. This has caused me a lot of grief in the last few days.

I will never tire of stories of these clueless privileged people getting arrested.

The next day, she posted a bathroom mirror selfie on Facebook with the caption: “We’re gonna go down and storm the capitol. They’re down there right now and that’s why we came and so that’s what we are going to do. So wish me luck.” She added: “This is a prelude going to war.”

In one now-deleted video, she filmed herself in a crowd going into the Capitol through the Rotunda entrance. She walked past broken windows, up some stairs, and said, “We are going to fucking go in here. Life or death, it doesn’t matter. Here we go.”

Then, she turned to the camera and added, “Y’all know who to hire for your realtor. Jenna Ryan for your realtor.”

It’s weird. The previous video was much longer with all talking done by the officer. The CNN one you show, has some stuff that’s new that the officer says, but overall it’s a much shorter video. I wish we had the original / uncut video.

DJT was the inevitable endgame for our braindead narcissistic age.

The F.B.I. is investigating 37 in the killing of a Capitol Police officer by a pro-Trump mob.

I, for one ,blame millennials, what with their Instasnaps, and them wasting all that money on avocado toast instead of funding effective tools to counter domestic terrorism.

I blame all of those “Participation” trophies they got in grade school, so everyone could have self-esteem!

In a social media post that referred to the photo of him and Robertson, Fracker wrote, “Lol to anyone who’s possibly concerned about the picture of me going around,” according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, which is prosecuting both cops.

“Sorry I hate freedom?” Fracker wrote. “Not like I did anything illegal … y’all do what you feel you need to.”

I blame pew die pie for all the things.

I blame myself.