Trump supporters storm the Capitol Building

I’ll never top Pratchett & Gaiman on that (or any, really) subject.

Not at all. I was being sincere. That is a good article.

“You can play that for the D.A. in court, I don’t care. If you ever jeopardize me, from being with my family, you will absolutely meet your mother f------ maker, and I will be the one to arrange the meeting,” Stoll is accused of saying in a reply, according to prosecutors.

5 days sure seems like plenty of time for Trump to do something that makes those calling for healing and unity and to just let him finish his term look like naive fools.

Don’t they already?

Trump using the Insurrection Act for an insurrection he started sounds exactly like the surreal reality we’re apparently in.

Good. If some of them conspired with the traitors they should go down too.

This is a really interesting read. Not super long.

Thanks for the link. I don’t get the viewpoints of folks like this, even from a self-serving perspective. Have their interactions with “businessmen” been all wine and roses? Why do folks who mainly work in blue collar jobs, who lost those jobs when businessmen moved the operations for more profit (which for the purposes of this discussion, isn’t per se evil) have such hero worship for businessmen?

It’s insane.

Buried lede: It’s because of bombs.

I would assume that the same goes for trashcans and welding manhole covers closed. SOP.

but Trump kind of activated something.”

I’ve got a few ideas as to what the something was.

https://amyrey.web.unc.edu/classes/ling-101-online/tutorials/understanding-prescriptive-vs-descriptive-grammar/

Wow, that’s pretty great (and I understand German, so I can tell those were native speakers). Their “like and subscribe” message there at the end is a bit chilling, though. :-/ Surprised they get to use swastikas and all that, even in this clearly satirical context (unless it’s not made in Germany I suppose).