Trump takes on videogames

Fuck that guy. Boogie is an idiot.

I can’t imagine any relevant real-world effects coming from Trump blaming videogames, so I don’t really care if he whines about it.

Maybe some kid in Kentucky won’t get GTA6 for Christmas next year.

I hope you’re right. I am less optimistic. Also, I’m pretty pissed off it’s even come to this. I doubt it will happen but I hope the industry CEOs go in there on the offense. “You have zero evidence of this, and we have plenty of evidence to the contrary. STFU.”

The real-world effect isn’t that they’re coming for our games but that more of the idiotic chaff thrown by the NRA and their ilk will have succeeded in distracting everyone until the next mass shooting. (/checks watch.)

Confused me too so I found this tweet.

Edit: Turns out Boogie might be a dickhole after all. :(

Yep. But regardless of whether the smokescreen is video games, mental illness or ‘god punishing us for abortion,’ there will be a smokescreen and the GOP will do nothing at a federal level.

I’m just not concerned that this particular smokescreen touches on my hobby. It’s just more meaningless, shitty showmanship.

I’m hoping our government can finally address how to make the consoles less lethal. Maybe a cap on storage capacity, an age limit for purchase, stop selling them in the big box stores, make the “Pro” versions harder to obtain, less tacticool styled accessories marketed towards youth, close the loopholes in the second-hand market and at trade shows, maybe even a ban on Xim adapters and thumbstick extenders that make wielders more precise with less effort and training.

You know, common sense measures.

So much this - everything is the problem except the obvious

I don’t think anyone is getting GTA6 for Christmas next year.

Suddenly, Trump will think videogames are A-OK.

I dont believe him. Or at least I think this is a partial truth. He may have voted against him in the primary (probably for an even more extreme loon) but I have zero doubt he voted for him in the actual election.

Oh and Pat Vance is a woman. Christ this White House is incompetent.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/971726411596730368

God damn it. I haven’t followed boogie but he seemed like a nice enough guy. Sucks if he’s a crazy right winger.

He was GG sympathetic if not outright supportive. Also he believes we should try and befriend and reason with the neo-Nazis.

I don’t altogether disagree with that sentiment. Even during/after WWII we didn’t kill all the Nazis. We just killed as many as we needed to to remove them from power.

Someone should 'shop him into this:

Look at what was just posted to the White House YT channel.

Early in the meeting, clips of violent games were displayed for the attendees to watch. “While the clips were playing, he was pointing out how violent those scenes were,” Henson said of the president. “While he was doing that, there was silence around the room.” Henson said she was unable to identify any of the games in the clips and, when asked, said no specific games were mentioned during the hour-long session.

The good news is that Dan Ryckert of Giant Bomb has part of his Fallout 4 quick look immortalized in the White House records.

Also, Dat360NoScope.