TVs in Late 2016

No doubt. But I’m using Plasma now, which has some of the same advantages. And Amazon only has one 65" 4K OLED for under $3,000… This LG set: Amazon.com Doesn’t look like it even supports HDR.

That’s the 2015 model, try looking at the 2016 ones?

I know it is, I drooled in person at Best Buy for quite awhile. ;)

I was pointing out that was the one that was $2,500. The 2016 models are $3,500+.

I’m all for paying to get quality, but the last time I paid >$2K for a TV set was in 2004. Even my Panny 65" plasma was only about $1,600.

The good news is that OLED is dropping in price quite rapidly. That $3500 model (B6) was $5000 just a few months ago, according to my Amazon wish list.

It was $4,000 until a few days ago. The $3,500 supposedly lasts until October 15th. Though some suspect it’s a permanent drop to boost OLED sales through the quarter.

What is this crap.

Am I reading this correctly? This is a 43" TV/monitor in the image? It looks normal sized!! 43" is an viewable-across-the-room TV. I imagine you’re not lying, so there must be some weird perspective thing going on in this picture?

I have a 27" monitor at home on my desk and it already feels pretty big, even though I have it about 40inch/1m away. Looking it up, it’s official dimensions are 641 x 379x 56‎‎ mm (~25.2 x 15 x 2.5 inch).

According to Amazon your monitors dimensions are 37.9" x 22.3" x 1.8", which is 1.5 in both main dimensions. And it looks like you have it a lot closer than 1m. I can’t imagine how colossal that TV/monitor must be to look at on a desk. Do you have to rotate your head when looking at the clock and the start menu button?

I’ve even looked up that G110 keyboard and it’s 19x7 inches. Again, in the image, the monitor doesn’t look 2x the size, it only looks 1.4 times. Definitely some weird perspective!

edit: I looked up the Dell and it’s 24": Height: 13.80" (350.6 mm) Width: 20.95" (532.2 mm) Depth: 1.80" (45.7 mm). So 21" wide – that should be just over half the size of your uber monitor. It does look about that, so there’s definitely some odd perspective going on.

(ps: Whilst we’re looking at your desk, I would like to publicly announce how much I desire those sorts of “computer” desks. The ones with the little pull-out “keyboard” trays that have no room for your mouse, so it has to go on top and you have to flap your arms about to use both mouse/keyboard in succession. And then the “keyboard” tray itself is really low. And the trays are always rickety and lean downwards because they’re being projected out into the room on thin, spingly runners.

I used to have one as a kid, back at my parents house. My back groans just looking at the desk! You have my deepest sympathies. Had I know about your desk, I would have petitioned you to purchase a cheaper monitor and spend the $100 savings on getting a proper 2m x 1m office desk :) Or even a smaller one if there’s not enough space, e.g. (1.8m, 1.4m, 1.2m)m x 1m

Yep its 43", and after a few days use it doesn’t seem as big as it did on day 1. Also I have been using that desk for 10+ years. :p

I can see everything on the screen just fine, I move my head a bit sometimes, but my eyes do most of the work looking around. Side by side webpages are very easy to read now.

Also I have had the keyboard on one level and mouse on another level since my first PC in the early 90’s. Never had a desk where the tray was big enough for the keyboard and mouse. And this is the 3rd desk I’ve had for a PC.

The G110 keyboard is utter shit, with a weak back light (3 crappy colors), tiny font size on the keys, and I am guessing zero ghosting, as my key presses don’t register half the time. Its a loner from a friend while I am trying to find a replacement for my Saitek Eclipse 2 that died earlier this week.

I use two 2415s at work - they’re old school 1900x1200 (16:10) instead of (16:9). And I think they’re too damn big ^^.

I just realized @lordkosc and I have the same mouse pad.

0__0

what does that mean about us?!?!?!? :D

LOL, probably just that we both like Diablo III quite a lot. :)