Twilight Struggle tournament redux

We keep fighting Communism and winning, yet we turn around and there is Communism again, ready to play The Reformer as Headline and flip Italy on the first Action Round because we only put three Influence points there. So we try once more.

Because of popular demand, which basically means one person posted that maybe we should have another Twilight Struggle tournament and then another person said he would play, I am starting another Twilight Struggle tournament. This will be the third such tourney on Qt3, making it the most respected website by far in terms of Twilight Struggle tournaments.

Post below if you’d like to join.

Reserved

Reserved 2

I would be remiss in not signing on considering I was said person. I will gladly play the role of a mid major punching above its weight, but ultimately doomed once to the Sweet 16, and actually good teams.

I’m in. Somebody has to be proven the worst here, might as well be me.

All of me is in. If I didn’t respect the game that much, I may have also posted a gif to express my excitement.

I have no such boundaries. I’m looking forward to defconning myself to death.

tumblr_mkw5xv7cKv1rqxi6no2_250

I almost had a nervous breakdown obsessing over a few casual matches so I don’t think I have the time and focus to spare for this one. Next time…?

I don’t think I’ve played Twilight Struggle since the last tournament… I’m in!!

I’d love to participate in this puzzle tournament although I’m not really good at this. I just want to learn from the best here!

In it to win it:
@SadleyBradley
@Baconsoda
@CraigM
@Left_Empty
@Sonoftgb
@Greatatlantic
@Brian_Reynolds (from other thread)
@newbrof
@dtolman
@Maulet
CF_Kane
Leglaen

Ok the tourney is now closed. We will do three groups of four. Everyone would then be guaranteed at least three games against different opponents.

I would like to join, it’s the Steam PC version right? have to check my handle there. Is it asynchronous?

Yes there is a-synch. In fat that is what most of us used last time. So you’re good!

great, lets try it …

PC version can play against mobile version - cross-platform play is totally transparent.

I’d be interested in giving this a try - been thinking about jumping back into online play after a year long hiatus.

We planning a 7-day timer like the last couple tournaments? Also if I could put in my suggestion of bidding for sides instead of random sides? (Second choice US+2, third choice shoot me now ;-) )

ALSO… if you WANT me to I could pin something on the comments of my last youtube game about how there’s a tournament here. But the response could be anything from absolutely nothing to way more than you’d want, so there’s that.

ok my username is : newbrof in TS …

hi,

i’m interested in playing this tournament if there is still room for me.

(i’m from Barcelona).

Thinking back to last tournament, it might be good to put players in the same rough time zone together.