Twilight Struggle

Yes, there will be a tutorial according to the KS page.

Also, the rules have a terrific example of play in them that helps immensely. I think the game is pretty easy to learn, if you have an open mind.

I’m such a dork. One of my favorite things to do is to play through the game example in a GMT game.

So tempted to move up a few tiers:

I want to give you more details about the Collector’s Edition that we are offering to backers at the $150 tier. The background on this is that we have been evolving our vision of what this will include based on listening to your feedback on the features you most want to see in a CE. The good news on that front is you guys are going to get a way cooler product than what we originally envisioned. The bad news, if there is any, is that because this is coming together so quickly, we don’t really have pictures to show you guys, as we wish we could, as it’s just too early in the process. What we do have, though, are some additional details that I think you’re going to like. Special thanks here to Tony Curtis, our production manager, who came back in to work during time he was supposed to be off to deal with a major summer house move in order to work with our suppliers and get us this information.

So, what’s going to be in the Collector’s Edition of Twilight Struggle? Here’s what you’ll get:

Game Box: We’ve listened to your feedback, and have decided to go with a wooden box with a hinged top – really high quality and really easy to access. We’re not altogether certain on the depth yet, but it’s looking like a 4” deep box, the deepest we’ve ever produced for one of our games. We don’t want you to have any worries about being able to fit all the cool components in the box, so we’re going big here.

Cards: The cards will have a new and unique graphic layout, especially for this edition of the game. The CE will also include sleeves for all cards.

Map: We’re going with an even thicker, more durable map than the one that’s in our Deluxe Edition (and our players like that one a LOT!). And like the cards, the map is going to get a completely new graphic treatment for the CE.

Counters: We are upgrading from cardboard counters in the CE to give you guys high-quality, stamped wooden pieces.

Miniatures: The CE will include five metal miniatures to adorn several of your game tracks and add some cold war theme to your game play! We’re keeping the type/identity of these miniatures to ourselves for now. We want to surprise you!

Rules and Player Aids: This is an area where we’re pretty much going with what we already have in the Deluxe Edition – thick paper/cards, full color throughout, with perhaps a bit more thickness and better coating.

Dice: You’ll get two custom molded plastic “thematic” dice. We seriously considered metal dice, but all the ones we’ve ever used tend to flake from impact over time, so we decided to go with some high quality molded dice instead.

A Fabric Bag: To hold the game pieces.

Certificate of Authenticity: Signed by the Designers

This makes me laugh every time I go back to this thread. :)

Well, if they’re going to do new cards and a new board, let’s hope they move forward, not back to the days of 'Replublic of China" and “Chili”.

Reddit AMA going on right now. They even talk about JoshL’s favorite subject – Chili!

Kickstarter rewards survey sent! It’s so close I can taste it. One thing I’m not clear on is whether the “iOS” version is the same as the “mobile” version (other than that the mobile version also covers Android). Is it a universal app?

Looks like the Beta keys will be going out soon. Let me know if anyone is up for trying out the multiplayer with a view to giving PlayDek feedback.

Are beta keys only going to Kickstarter backers, or will they be available for sale?

I think it is only for backers at the $30 tier. I backed for the $25 tier, plus addon for android version. Oh, well.

I just got my beta invite and would be happy to play with anyone interested. I’m CF Kane in Twilight Struggle.

If you play a solo game please let us know what the AI is like

Also received my key but stuck at “Account Creation is Pending”

I got a beta code this morning but haven’t had time to create an account and try it out yet. Will report back this evening.

No single player that I can see. Tried to create an account to play online… stuck at “account creation is pending”

They send you an email to confirm (which isn’t mentioned on the screen).
User dtolman if anyone wants to play (no live games on weekdays).

No AI in this beta. Once it is in, I’ll be happy to report.

Ok so apparently that’s their message for “check your email your account verification is pending”. :)

Now setup on the Beta as “Syzygy”.

User name is Ginger Yellow

CF Kane in our game in which I’m the US, I quit out in the middle of placing my initial influence. When I rejoined it doesn’t allow me to continue to place influence and says “Waiting for opponent” but the game status stage shows it as being my turn. Let me know if you’re not able to take an action, if not I’ll forfeit.