Twin Peaks is coming back in 2016

Dig Yourself out of the Shit – Dr Amp

LOL. Impressive!

I don’t know how reliable We Got This Covered is as a source, so take this potentially exciting news with a huge grain of salt.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Showtime wants to do more. The important question is whether David Lynch and Mark Frost want to.

It seems very likely at this point. Kyle MacLachland, Mark Frost and Michael Horse have been posting hints to twitter and instagram. Time for a rewatch!

That’s awesome! I really didn’t expect more Twin Peaks to happen.

Best television show ever, IMO. So happy to see this news.

Agreed best ever. But the Showtime year I felt was a disaster. I know some people who worshiped it, but I was really disappointed. Heaven forbid there is actually a narrative in a TV show, and not a shitload of completely pointless cameos.

Me reading this post 👆

ezgif-2-c90b6f2ae3d3

Twin Peaks: The Return is definitely in my top ten all time favorite TV shows list.

Me too. And near the top of it. It’s definitely different from the original series though, so people expecting more of the same instead of something that’s much closer to Lynch’s movies like Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, etc. won’t get that.

While I loved season 3, I also felt a bit bummed that I wasn’t getting the Agent Cooper I knew and loved. I wouldn’t object if season 4 was strange and original in all the Lynch-iest ways while letting Cooper be Cooper a bit more this time out.

So I watched this 4 hour analysis of Twin Peaks

My appreciation for the show grew a lot after watching this (I already liked it, but this does put lot of previously “boring” scenes into perspective).

After seeing this I don’t really see how could Twin Peaks come back again though.

Well, I thought I’d watch a couple of minutes of that explanation and give up, but here I am, two and a half hours in, enjoying it immensely. Thanks for that!

Cheers, yeah I found it surprisingly entertaining as well, to the point where I stayed up until 2AM watching.

I’ll keep my own illogical theory pure of any outside influence!

I just watched Blue Velvet for the first time since Twin Peaks’ second season, and it was a wonderful watch. It felt like a new movie to me, much less pretentious, posing and disturbing than I had thought it was previously, and just beautiful, if ultra violent.
It’s amazing when an author’s work give you a totally new way of seeing his previous.
Fuck I love David Lynch! Fuck!

Not really about the show, but I took this photo today.

That’s legitimately breathtaking! I wish I was there right now.

So cool!

Bumping this thread because Twin Peaks turned 30 yesterday. We rewatched it and the new episodes not long ago. It’s still as quirky as you remember it but highlights how much it changed TV dramas along the way.