Twitch Prime - It's what it sounds like

If you’re so inclined, go here and click subscribe to give Tom two-fiddy for free. You’ll need to do this once per month.

https://www.twitch.tv/tomchick

[quote]
Twitch Prime is a new premium experience on Twitch that is included with Amazon Prime. As a Twitch Prime member, you get free game loot every month, like instant access to the newest Hearthstone hero, Tyrande Whisperwind, or the new indie game, Streamline. You also receive discounts on new-release box games sold by Amazon during the pre-order period and for the first two weeks after launch. And on Twitch, once you link your Amazon Prime account to your Twitch account, you get an ad-free viewing experience, exclusive emotes and chat badge, and one free channel subscription every 30 days. When Twitch Prime members use their free channel subscription every month, the streamer gets paid just like any other subscription, so this introduces a new way to help support the streamers you love, even if you’ve never subscribed before. Or, you can just use it for crashing subscriber-only chat rooms. Your choice, boss! :)[/quote]

So can Tom simulcast on Twitch and we can use our Prime subscriptions to float some otherwise unused currency his way? At least unused in my case.

Hahaha, a region-locked Hearthstone skin. You can’t get Prime in some places, so this is going to upset those players who can’t unlock the new skin we’ve all been waiting for. The skin was added in a recent update, and people were excited for it, but we didn’t find out about these requirements until just now.

Well, Chinese/Asia players have had access to the best cardback in the game, while the rest of us have gone without, so I guess one could argue there’s always been region-locked content in the game anyway, but a skin seems cooler than a cardback anyway (even though there’s a new Tyrande cardback too, but I don’t know it it will unlock with the skin or not).

I wonder if my wife can get the skin for her account if I add her to the “household” in Prime.

Twitchprime.com is currently down. So many questions I need answered.
EDIT: Oh, it’s up now. Exploring the site.

PM Me if you want a Ymir skin in SMITE. I got a code for that too.

Isn’t part of the prime benefits that get shared through Amazon Household unfortunately.

Yea, I realized after the site came up. Players can create a free 30 day trial Prime account and link it to a temp Twitch account to get a redeemable code. So it’s there if we want it.

Once you’ve linked up your accounts, where do you go to get the codes? It didn’t come in my mail, but I don’t see anything on Twitch either?

Once you log in to Twitch you may see Tyrande on the left under the channel list and above friends list. Click her to get a redeemable code.

Ah found it, thanks. Now if only I played any of those games…

A freebie Heroes of the Storm hero would be awesome!

That’s what I figured. My wife is the primary on the prime acct, but I don’t think she uses twitch for anything, so I might just get her to link mine

Assuming this works for Amazon Prime accounts in the UK, I’d happily use a subscribe token thingy on @tomchick if he has a QT3 account there.

It’s not like I’m going to use it for anything else…

Tom would have to get partnered on Twitch first. Only partnered streams have a sub button, so I assume only they can take advantage of their viewers using the free prime sub.

Mine is, of course, completely broken. Did all the signing in and all the linking, Twitch gave me the little Prime icon and the banners, with none of the perks. Totally awesome.

If you click on your username in the upper-right corner and then on Profile, you don’t see a “FREE WITH PRIME” section in the left margin?

That’s part of the problem, I do see it. The free sub button is a big red ‘Not Yet’ button. The skins and such on the side are non-clickable. I’ll be lucky if Twitch support ever replies. I also don’t have Amazon as a connected service on my account. Amazon’s unlinking page does nothing. Twitch’s linking page does nothing. They’re going to have to manually reset it for me, it’s like pulling teeth getting Twitch support to reply to you.

I had no issues linking my account, fortunately. Got me free goodies and gives me a chance to support a streaming couple I really like. It’s nice to see Amazon add more value to Prime.

I hope Amazon doesn’t use this to raise the price too much in the short term though. I’m about at the upper limit of what I’m willing to pay.

Wendelius

Blech.

Great news for those of us too lazy to redeem that shit.

Free copies of full games like Punch Club and This War of Mine is way more than I ever expected.

Yeah I’m kind of stunned how hard they are pushing this. Most Amazon Prime free stuff I check out (like the kindle reading library) is OK but not great. The benefit is really top notch. I wonder if they are just trying to make sure google and microsoft have no chance in this space?

I’m assuming they’re gonna make a big push for their own launcher/marketplace for all your digital game purchases from Amazon under the Twitch branding.