Twitch Prime - It's what it sounds like

Just to answer my own question, it looks like the list is:

Adventure Pals (never heard of it, a positively-reviewed 2d platformer)
Guild of Dungeoneering (already own it)
Gunpoint (ok, I’ll probably try it)
Pumped BMX+ (wha?)
The Original Strife (some kind of Doom/Quake clone?)

So, not the best month. It’s not nothin’!

There can’t be many people who would’ve just bought Gunpoint—a small game from 2013—last month who can now say “Oh no, I should’ve waited!”, but I’m proud to count myself among them!

I’m finding that there are more free twitch prime games I want each month than games I want in the monthly humble bundles (which I always seem to end up pausing). Guild of Dungeoneering and Gunpoint were both on my list to pick up someday.

Since I remembered tonight to update my subscription, a little reminder:

If you have Amazon Prime you have Twitch Prime and can subscribe to tomchick which gives him a few dollars. His twitch channel is fun too. So log in and hook him up.

I usually do Geek and Sundry but I’m a few weeks behind on Critical Role so I’ve been listening on podcasts instead. As such, I have nothing else I’m using the free sub for, so Tom gets it!

Good reminder. Also, I think a person needs to manually renew it each month, which I need to do in about a week.

But again, it’s dollars, not videos. ;-)

Kind of off topic, but I noticed about a week or so ago that I was gifted a $4.99 tier 1 subscription to a streamer that I follow, but don’t currently subscribe to (actually, I don’t really subscribe to anyone, except Tom when I remember to use the Prime monthly sub). No idea why, there’s no note or anything, do these random giveaways just happen sometimes? Not a big deal, just sorta weirds me out.

Yes, people gift these out sometimes when they feel like spending some cash. Sometimes in giant batchs (dozens/hundreds at once).

If you are bad at paying attention to details like me, I discovered today that you can link up to four Twitch accounts to a single Amazon Prime account. I had linked up my son’s account months ago so he could get the various loot, and was sad I couldn’t get the free Overwatch boxes and crap too (not that sad, mind you). Now I can! Yay loot boxes!

Note: Only one free sub each month though

New free games for October:

Darksiders Warmastered Edition (WIN)
Sanitarium (WIN)
SOMA (WIN)
System Shock: Enhanced Edition (WIN)

SOMA was fantastic, and with the new story mode you don’t need to stress about being chased by monsters all the time. I actually played it with a hack that did the same thing back in the day. Strongly recommend.

Yes - SOMA is seriously great, even if you’re allergic to walking simulators.

Dang it, I just bought the Darksiders collection at 95% off. I could’ve saved a dollar!

Twitch games now showing up for January are:

Hyper Light Drifter (WIN)
Orwell (WIN)
République (WIN)
Bomber Crew (WIN)

Today is the last day to claim December’s games:

SNK Bundle (WIN)
Hacknet: Complete Edition (WIN)
Smoke & Sacrifice (WIN)
Poi (WIN)

.https://www.twitch.tv/prime

Nice, I’ve come close to purchasing Bomber crew in the past.

Hyper Light Drifter looks pretty cool too.

I know - I’m glad I waffled an extra 5 minutes on buying it during today’s VIP flash sale at GMG! I just booted up Bomber Crew and it plays on the potato computer here at 720p - and it has all the DLC!

If you have Amazon Prime you have Twitch Prime and can give him your free-for-you paid-for-him subscription to Tom with a couple clicks.

Something easy to do for the New Year.

Announced today at EU Fanfest, the base game of Final Fantasy XIV + 30 day subscription is coming to Twitch Prime Feb 4 - May 3.

Eww.

Not interested. :)

I only ever played FF VII , so is this twice as good?