Twitch Prime - It's what it sounds like

That’s probably a good guess since in the comments someone asked if the games were redeemable on Steam and they said “The games are downloaded via the Twitch Launcher.”.

I don’t want another yet another game launcher :(

That will do wonders for the publisher-streamer relationship everyone loves.

I would be delighted if Amazon launched a direct Steam competitor and I like Steam a lot.

It would be nothing but a massive positive to gamers, developers and Valve itself imho. Its not healthy having such a huge market share in one place.

I also think its great that Steam is getting into the movie distro business. Good stuff. I hope they do books next.

if you can answer YES to the following questions you can get a few free games if that’s your thing:

Do you have Amazon Prime?
Do you want free games?

Okay, here’s how you get them:

The giveaway will roll out on a daily basis, with new titles available each day until July 18. Most games are claimable for a few days at a time, but several offerings can be snagged during a bigger window of time. Each title will appear on the Twitch Prime page when it’s ready for download.

Only Twitch Prime members can download the games, which you automatically qualify as if you’re signed up for Amazon Prime. (You will, however, need to link your Twitch account to your Amazon Prime account.) Non-Prime members can sign up for a 30-day trial to sample Prime benefits, get access to Prime Day deals, and take advantage of the giveaway.

Here are all 21 games that you’ll get, with their dates of availability:

July 2 - 4: Pillars of Eternity Definitive Edition
July 3 - Aug 2: Metal Slug 3
July 3 - Aug 2: The Last Blade
July 3 - Aug 2: Twinkle Star Sprites
July 3 - 4: QUBE2
July 4 - 11: Battle Chef Brigade
July 5 - 12: Manual Samuel
July 6 - 13: GoNNER
July 7 - 14: Next Up Hero
July 8 - 14: Uurnong Uurnlimited
July 9 - 15: Hue
July 10 - 16: Deponia Doomsday
July 11 - 17: Observer
July 12 - 18: Tacoma
July 13 - 26: The Bridge
July 14 - 27: Brutal Legend
July 15 - 21: The Red Strings Club
July 16 - 18: Tyranny
July 17 - 31: Broken Age
July 18 - 31: The Framed Collection
July 18 - 31: Serial Cleaner

We’re gonna need a thread bump July 16th to remember to pick up Tyranny. It’s only available for a couple days.

Seconded.

Okay, well, I finally signed up with Twitch, and have no idea (yet) how to get around, or what I’m supposed to be doing, or what I even can do. I have claimed my currently available games, but then instantly got sidetracked because inside a little window, an old episode of Doctor Who was playing (Tom Baker era). I haven’t watched any of those in decades, so naturally I went to full-screen, and will probably remain sidetracked for a while.

I’d been meaning to try out Battle Chef Brigade, so it being free was very welcome. It’s a lot of fun!

It’s up.

Cheers for the reminder. Tacoma too!! I feel like Twitch is going out of its way to make me use their service more. Its working…

Why haven’t any of you bastards mentioned that you can get 50% off twitch merch? TWITCH MERCH, I say!

I personally blame you @stusser for having me open the merchandise page and seeing this blasted across my screen at work.

I would have bought you one if it wasn’t sold out.

I had to do two different orders. For some reason when I put both a hoodie and t-shirt in my cart it only gave 50% off the t-shirt. But with two orders I got 50% off both.

Well sure, you already had the polo and boxers.

This post belongs in the I Hate This Guy thread.

Next set for August:

• Antihero
  • Death Squared
  • Jotun: Valhalla Edition
  • SteamWorld Dig
  • Wizardry 6, 7, and 8 bundle

Oooh nice, the Antihero player base will grow!

SteamWorld Dig is going to be competing with Plants vs Zombies for “game I own on the most platforms.”

More suckers players to take you on :-)

Yes… send me the invites, new peoples!