Two Point Campus: make your own Greendale college

Leaked by the official MIcrosoft store, lol:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/two-point-campus/9pcw1smn9rgg

Build the university of your dreams with Two Point Campus, the follow up management sim with a twist from the creators of Two Point Hospital. Get to know your students, explore their personalities and fulfill their wants and needs. Craft buildings, choose courses, hire the best staff and build an academic institution to stand the test of time.

Build your university, your way! It’s time to spin academia on its head! Got a yearning for learning? Or just keen to build an educational masterpiece? Campus is jam-packed with new creative tools to help you build the university of your dreams. For the first time, build in the great outdoors as you develop your own delightfully educational campus environment, housing the top teaching facilities in the land. Whether you prefer building on simple foundations, or placing every tree, you can build the university you want.

Lay down pathways with new easy-to-use tools. Plant glorious collections of outdoor flora. Place benches, fountains, sculptures, hedgerows – even picket fences. The only limit is your imagination (and your in-game bank balance). Not the usual fare But, of course, it wouldn’t be a Two Point game without a twist. Rather than typical academic fare, students in Two Point County enjoy a range of wild and wonderful courses: from Knight School (hey, we all have to learn jousting at some point in our lives), to the salivatory Gastronomy, where your students will build mouth-watering concoctions like giant pizzas and enormous pies. The academic year… is here! Take advantage of the opportunity to spend way more time with the little people in your university

The academic year begins with a summer break, giving you enough time to get everything looking great before your students move in. Build libraries, hire the best staff (from eccentric professors to madcap researchers), kit your campus out with the best courses and watch the academic potential of your students get unlocked! Shaping the future But it’s not just work hard. Get to know your students, explore their individual personalities, wants and needs. Keep them happy with clubs, societies, gigs. Surround them with friends, help them develop relationships, furnish them with pastoral care and ensure they have the right amount of joie de vivre to develop into incredible individuals who will do the legacy of your university proud.

That’s a big Pizza!

I’m very much down for this.

Yeah, same. That looks like it could be really, really good.

The pedant in me wants to despair at the way they reduce higher education to a set of theme-park like attractions. But then I realize, that’s how American colleges and universities generally sell themselves, and just shrug. And yeah, big pizza indeed.

That campus looks like it’d be a great mission for The Wonderful 101.

What kind of place is the medieval jousting grounds? I’ve never seen that at a University.

Me neither but if I was designing a school I’d gleefully build a jousting grounds in lieu of a football field.

I am very excited to hear about this. Two Point Hospital is one of my favorite games from the past decade. I admit that I would love to see an updated and more gamified version of Trevor Chan’s Virtual-U, but I will definitely take this!

Looks nifty! There’s already this, but it’s a high school setting and a Prison Architect aesthetic/gameplay system:

-Tom

Sounds like the high school I attended

Its a required course to complete if you want to work at Medieval Times. :)

Eurogamer recommends it! But I only skimmed this one since I’ll be playing it through Game Pass anyway.

This is low-key maybe my most anticipated game of the fall. Really hope it’s as good as the Eurogamer review makes it out to be!

I enjoyed Two Point Hospital for a while, but the repetition set in before I got to the end. It’s a game I was going to fire up again at some point. Hopefully Campus can fix the repetition issue.

Grrrr gotta wait anther week for this!

Skimmed some reviews on this last night, and the consensus seems quite positive on this game. Really looking forward to getting some time with it!

Should have unlocked by the time I get home from work. When I checked yesterday evening the countdown said 15 hours.

Installing now! I’m looking forward to this one too.

EDIT: Working through the tutorial and I just hired a professor with a weak bladder. A+!

And now I have hired a janitor named Kensington Tumbleweed. :D

I love the occasional announcements. Especially this one… “Staff are reminded… to care about students.” LOL, in my experience, the need for this reminder is not as fictional as one might think!

Played the first couple of levels (at least enough to get one star) and so far it’s very much a sequel to Hospital. The multi-year course aspect seems to be the biggest change so far - it’s not about getting patients out of your hospital as quickly as possible, but maximising the outcomes of the limited number that come each year. Haven’t played enough to determine how big a change that is, though.