Two Point Hospital - Theme Hospital Like

I’m intrigued. But I’m even more intrigued by the idea that they want to revisit all sorts of sim games.

Is this is our last, best hope for Startopia 2?

I was wondering that too.

Id love to play that. Loved the original. We need more games like this. I am not even sure what genre to classify these kinds of games as.

This genre! They are the ‘theme park/theme hospital’ genre.

I can’t speak for Knightsaber, but for me a game like this is almost always going to be better with more content and more systems/mechanics, and development time dedicated to a mode of play I have no interest in is time that could have been spent expanding the scope of the game in other areas. Since I have no interest in participating in challenges, while I could and will ignore them, it’s a shame they even exist.

It has a cute art style and appears to be going for the full monte when it comes to humor. Wishlisted!

tycoon games?

Does that fit? Is startopia a tycoon game? I also would not quite put rollercoaster tycoon into the same boat as theme hospital or startopia, nor would big pharma fit, although that might be a tycoon game of sorts…

Theme Hospital and Startopia area particular style of tycoon game, but they totally are tycoon games.

Ok. Ill accept that. What is the sub-genre? That is what I am interested in. Games that fit that particular niche.

Startopia was a private space station where you had to make money, so yeah, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be a tycoon game :P

Humour driven, non-realistic tycoon game. I’d put Dungeon Keeper in there too, so I guess you could shorthand it by just saying Bullfrog-esque. Mucky Foot were ex-Bullfrog too, weren’t they?

Perhaps, “Games like Theme Hospital and Startopia” genre is as good as we can get.

Sim-management?

Yes, or bits of them were.

I’ve always called these kinds of games Tycoon games.

I’ve seen a bunch of announcements about this game and assumed that Project Hospital had just gone on some PR blitz. Unfortunately not! I was looking forward to that. I wonder if they’ll just give up right now? :)

I want a MP component where you can enter someone else’s SP game stealthily as a sick patient. You sign in at the desk like you’re a normal AI character… then you can do crazy things like tear off your clothes and start running around naked, creating mayhem in the hospital! The player can take control of a security guard and try to capture you with a butterfly net. Hilarity ensues.

What do you guys think?

Test that in real life and let us know how it works out!

The problem with tycoon games is they all come out on ipad as f2p junk titles. I think that more than anything killed the market.

I dunno, Steam* kind of killed the genre before the F2P thing even started.

• Not actually Steam, but shitty publishers releasing Prison Tycoon 8 etc on Steam.

Tycoon games definitely hit series of cheap and shallow games with the word tycoon in them on PC, and then the known franchises released garbage on mobile. By shallow and cheap, I mean the kind of games the you would see in the office supply stores for 9.99, although, occasionally, you’d find some of the good ones there too… but most just had a good description, nice feature list, and okay graphics only to have no real simulation behind them.