Two Point Hospital - Theme Hospital Like

What are you talking about? I literally only asked if people remembered when SimCity being online was going to be cool, because some of the dialog here reminded me of that. And I never once even hinted that I thought Theme Hospital had a multiplayer mode. I certainly never posited that the multiplayer was fun or not?

You’re not in a Sim City topic. You’re in Two Point Hospital. And you saying remember when Sim City online sounded like it would be fun, and it wasn’t sounds like you’d expect the same thing here… except it’s not the same at all.

Theme Hospital had MP.

If they put it in a spiritual successor game, you’d think it would be similar. And you don’t have to wonder if a Theme Hospital game with MP might be fun when you could literally play the game that way before and know.

Well this thread has gone off the rails, I’ll check back someday to see if people like the game.

Yep, I’m out.

https://m.popkey.co/71482d/1Z4dL.gif

Guys, guys, let’s try to focus on the positive here. I’d be interested to try Theme Hospital over multiplayer at some point, honestly.

I am too afraid to have an opinion.

My apologies. I should have handled that differently.

You could… like… ignore the challenge and go on playing normally???

Oh WOW I’ve been waiting for something like this to happen for so many years. Theme Hospital was by far my favourite games throughout all of my teens. <3

I wish they had some game-play footage. I hate promos that are all hype and no game-play.

I’m intrigued. But I’m even more intrigued by the idea that they want to revisit all sorts of sim games.

Is this is our last, best hope for Startopia 2?

I was wondering that too.

Id love to play that. Loved the original. We need more games like this. I am not even sure what genre to classify these kinds of games as.

This genre! They are the ‘theme park/theme hospital’ genre.

I can’t speak for Knightsaber, but for me a game like this is almost always going to be better with more content and more systems/mechanics, and development time dedicated to a mode of play I have no interest in is time that could have been spent expanding the scope of the game in other areas. Since I have no interest in participating in challenges, while I could and will ignore them, it’s a shame they even exist.

It has a cute art style and appears to be going for the full monte when it comes to humor. Wishlisted!

tycoon games?

Does that fit? Is startopia a tycoon game? I also would not quite put rollercoaster tycoon into the same boat as theme hospital or startopia, nor would big pharma fit, although that might be a tycoon game of sorts…

Theme Hospital and Startopia area particular style of tycoon game, but they totally are tycoon games.

Ok. Ill accept that. What is the sub-genre? That is what I am interested in. Games that fit that particular niche.