Two Point Hospital - Theme Hospital Like

Out out!

Are you coming to Early Access?

We have no plans to bring Two Point Hospital to Steam’s Early Access platform. I’m afraid you’ll just have to wait until August when we release the game! But if you’re keen to see a peek of what you can expect, be sure to stay tuned to our social channels for screenshots, updates and even gameplay videos in the coming months. See links above!

Yay. I so hope this (or the other one) is good.

Quill18 has started a Let’s Play of the preview version

I haven’t been following the details of this game much, but after watching that video it amazes me how similar this game feels to Theme Hospital. And that’s great!

That’s sooo not what me wallet wants to hear…

I’m deeply tempted by this.

I’m really hopeful it does well enough to drive some more ‘two point’ games (Two Point Startopia please!).

Yeah I do like what I’ve seen so far, definitely staying on the wishlist.

Two more weeks!

One week :)

The teaser videos on Steam are great.

Strangely, the Pre-load is available on Steam.

It’s a whopping 1.5 GB. Better get that Pre-loaded?

Are there no critic reviews of this game yet? I googled it, but didn’t seem to find any. If not, this does not bode well for the game.

In terms of sales or quality?

It’s not out yet.

I thought that it was normal for game reviewers to get copies of games ahead of releases, kind of like how movie critics get to see movies and review them before they are out to the general public.

In other words, how am I to know if Two Point will be any good on the day of release? Perhaps it will be another graveyard keeper. Looks good on the surface, but has major flaws.

@tomchick
Perhaps Tom can enlighten me on this process of reviewing games.

It’s also normal for reviews to be embargoed until release day. It’s not universal, but it’s certainly the norm these days and no indication of a game’s quality, unlike for movies and arguably for games back in the day.

Yeah, they don’t want people cancelling pre-orders if the reviews are bad.

I got a 25% off from Fanatical, tempting meeeeeeeee to pre-order.

We’ve seen plenty of good games embargoed until release day as well, don’t think that means much anymore.

Review embargo’s tend to be more about making sure the reviewers have the most stable, up to date code as well as plenty of time to take the game at their own pace and not feel pressured to be the “first” to put up a review (which is then not a very complete or competent one).