Two weird tastes that taste great together?

So I’m not a huge straight Irish whiskey fan. I’ve done my share of, “oh god I’m going to puke why am I friends with an Irish guy,” faces as I held up a shot glass a few times.

Here’s the kicker. Pickles in food, along with other acids, neutralize a ton of flavors. You’ll hear the term, “palate cleansing.”

That’s what pickle juice does in this instance. You take the shot, you follow it with a kicker of pickle juice (in a much tinier shot glass,) and boom. It tastes like … nothing? Maybe salty nothing? You sit and wonder what on earth just happened.

They use the same trick with tequila in some places.

I dunno. It’s probably all in my head, but if you said olive juice I could probably roll with it. But drinking pickle juice, that just makes me shiver a little. And I like pickles.

My mom saves the pickle juice, but I forget what she uses it for.

My grandfather used to dink straight vinegar.

Lemon and salt cures many an ill.

It will also cure fish.

If you want a drink with no alcohol taste at all have a pitcher of Kamikazes.

2 ounces vodka
¾ ounce fresh lime juice
¾ ounce triple sec

A kindred spirit. I don’t think I’ve ever failed to find something to turn into a mixer.

Crystal Lite and Tequila, Rum and Apple Juice, Vodka and Peach Schnapps.

Oh wait, I was once foiled by a mystery bottle of liquor found in the basement of a rental. Tried everything from Coke to Ecto-Cooler. Brother and I both ended up puking.

My wife likes to snack on black olives and chocolate milk. She says the salty and sweet go well together.

Sorry to be the first one to break it to you. Your wife is pregnant. :)

@wumpus

How could you start this with some generic Reese’s ad and not the one with Danny Most and Robby Benson? It’s like talking about 60s music and starting with Paul Revere and the Raiders instead of The Beatles.

PLUS

I save pickle juice and sauerkraut juice. Shot of each is a great hangover remedy. Bartender trick. Add hot sauce to taste if you wish.

:-o fixed! Thanks for the tip.

Also yes: Pickle juice + whiskey is great

Maybe… Don’t drink alcohol that tastes like garbage?
I mean, beyond a certain age, the point of drinking is kind of linked to actually wanting to taste what you are drinking.

I swear I thought that said “hot chili pepper turtles” for a second

Parmesan and honey:

I literally just ate that. So good.

Parmesan and aged Modena balsamic is a classic as well. To be clear, not supermarket balsamic, no. Real aged balsamic with the proper stamp.

Am I weird for saying French Fries and Orange/Cream flavored Milkshake?

Not at all. You’re weird for other reasons. :)

News Flash

I used to love French fries with a Frosty from Wendy’s as a kid.

And cracklin oat bran on PB&J

Me too, I just can’t remember where I did the specifically Orange/Cream Shake thing???

McDonalds promo? Wendys?