Two weird tastes that taste great together?

Have you ever had chopped chicken liver? The Jewish kind? Heaven.

I am missing so much…

Actually chopped chicken liver would be a perfect substitute for liverwurst in the sandwich I mentioned.

I’ll be sure to try to find, experiment, and report about this next week!
I just eat my rye bread on its own, as dessert, most of the time.

Oh that reminds me! I love peanut butter on rye bread, which a lot of people seem to think is weird. Pumpernickel too.

You are not weird. You are objectively correct.

Man, this thread has evolved. In a good way.

OP could even remove weird from the title.

My perfect pb&j would be toasted rye, extra crunchy pb, a mix of orange marmalade and raspberry preserves, and some cracklin’ oat bran for extra crunch.

And you lost me.

In before the smooth vs crunchy peanut butter debate. :)

If that’s the only place I lost you, I’m surprised 🤪

I am a fan of crunchy stuff on a sandwich. Potato chips on tuna. Any kind of cereal on PBJ. Ritz crackers on a cheese sandwich. Heck, I recently had a sandwich that was a single slice of toasted sourdough bread between two slices of rye bread with mayo and mustard.

I may need mental help.

Story time. When I was in my first relationship the wife and I were between jobs. Money was tight. I discovered the joy of fried bread. Melt butter in a pan, add slices of white bread. Fry till brown. Delicious the first few times. Not so good after a few weeks. We ended up shoplifting to get some kind of protein.

Crunchy stuff on sandwiches is fine. Crunchy peanut butter is the devil.

Agreed. If I wanted to eat peanuts I would eat peanuts. If I want peanut butter, I want it smoooooth.

sob

I didn’t even know there were crunchy peanut butter.
I am missing so much…

It’s horrible, you aren’t missing anything. :p

Just get peanut butter and toss in some peanuts.

How do you not know this?

Quiet you.

You aren’t alone. Sometimes Crunchy is best. Hang in there and don’t let these PB bullies get you down.

#teamcrunchy

Did you know peanut butter is basically unknown (or rarely sold) outside the united states? Believe it. Kind of an “american thing”.