Two weird tastes that taste great together?

Yup. Thanks, George Washington Carver!

Japanese “peanut butter” is a weird sweet whipped peanut frosting-thing.

In the Former Yugoslavia It was a big hit. No lie, Guys were buying it at the PX and then black marketing it for 5x value. Locals had never had it and wanted more.

This totally makes sense, and is also a horrific thing to think about.

I mean, in Europe, they have Nutella. Which is pretty fantastic in its own right so they’re doing fine.

But come to think of it, I don’t remember seeing it in my 8 week India visit.

I only insisted on eating and trying peanut butter as a little kid in my home country because I was a die hard Peanuts fan and was very intrigued by that paste that seemed to be sticking to Charlie Brown’s whole mouth and be used as an allegory to solitude…
And typing this, the simpliest truth behind a name just stroke me.
H-O-L-Y F…
Kaiser Soze moment right now. Haha, amazing.

Side note: my mom has been addicted to peanut butter ever since. She has always a small pot stocked in the same place, in a standing over the kitchen table.

Other places have peanut butter but a) It’s no where near the levels of consumption as the USA and most importantly b) WE’RE NOT WEIRD AND PUT IT IN CHOCOLATE.

It belongs on bread.

But it’s two great tastes that taste great together.

If that’s weird then I don’t want to be right.

Has anyone else had the Choceur peanut butter cups you can get at Aldi? They’re like better Reese’s, because they use better chocolate.

There was none in Italy when I lived there, or at least in 2 1/2 years I never found any. I had some shipped over by my folks as a gift. The Italians I let try it were not very impressed.

Think of just how many products we have based around peanut butter and it’s insane to think of that taste just being completely absent.

Sold! Also, you might have just gotten to a reason why the poster you were responding to maybe didn’t like chocolate and PB: American chocolate is shit made from wax.

One of my favorite things to do is buy the ~50 flavor Jelly Belly canister at Costco then eat 2 random jelly beans at a time. Always good for some surprising flavors.

And it tastes of vomit! Ugh.

No idea why I’m seeing old posts like this in my suggested topics-list, but as long as it’s there I might as well add one:

salmiac liquorice and white wine (Sauvignon)

Peanutbutter and cabbage. It’s good.

I’m getting that too. I just used the Dismiss button recently, which I usually never do. I wondered if maybe that had something to do with it?

I’m afraid not, or at least: I didn’t use that button…

I saw a really old hardware post too. I figured it was a reported spammer and nobody bothered to say REPORTED!