Two Worlds II: We know the first game was terrible

I found this new trailer for Two Worlds II pretty funny. That post also links to a rather positive preview of the second game. Nothing like self-depreciation to make you take notice. It’s like those Dominos commercials which admitted their old pizza was shit (it was), and that their new pizzas are much better (they are).

I liked the first one.

… I don’t even know what to say to that.

I liked the first game. They marketed it completely wrong, but I liked the co-op multiplayer and it was a fun little rpg. I find myself looking forward to the second title.

I got about 10 minutes in to the first game and that was about it. I love RPGs and the likes but it ran like total crap on the 360, and starting off having 3 lizard men beat my face in and spending 15 minutes battling 1 bear while listening to some of the worst voice acting I’ve heard in ages made me lend it to my friend so he could feel the pain. I told him he had to play it longer than 10 minutes though, but at the very least had to fight a bear to see the model of it.

But…

It couldn’t have been THAT bad.

I’ve mentioned this elsewhere, but the character in that picture is supposed to be YOUR SISTER. One of the many poorly implemented aspects of the game.

Oh, but it was. The barest hint of gameplay mechanics married to an almost complete lack of narrative. Reviews for its sequel will have to universally proclaim nectar of the gods before I touch it.

That was pretty funny.

Oh come on, Dan. If the developers made a scene where she took her clothes off, would you really not look. Really?

The game was pretty bad though. I’m hoping they learned a lot from the first game and actually make a decent RPG this time.

LOL - I was honestly annoyed/disturbed that cleavage was prominently displayed for every cut scene she appeared in. I’m not normally disturbed by the appearance of cleavage (I’ve played and enjoyed Dragon Age, The Witcher, and Mass Effect after all), but in this case it kind of kills the immersion factor when I’m supposed to imagine that she’s my sister. A failing on my part, I’m sure ;)

Those game trailers have me on their side. Even if reviews are only middling-to-positive, I may take the plunge.

At the very least it makes me think the writing will be better.

The sister thing was weird. The voice acting was so bad. The combat, loot, and exploring were just fine though. I only did the PC–I’ve heard the 360 looked worse graphically.

EDIT: trailer was awesome

I liked the first one. It was clumsy, goofy, and had really weird mechanics. I played it as if it were a comedy.

Playing Two Worlds was like stepping into the worst B grade fantasy movie ever made.

It was awesome!

Jerry the Retarded Horse

I didn’t try it on the PC, but the 360 version I got for xmas the other year and just threw it in a few weeks ago to finally try it out and just went oh my god. I thought there was some sort of QA process Microsoft had before allowing games to go out to the 360, and if they do this game completely missed that entire process. The frame rate was absolutely terrible.

Anybody else excited about this game? I see it can be bought from GoGamer and shipped on the 11th (not sure how accurate that date is though).

Looks pretty good from recent screenshots. And seems to be getting some good buzz in Europe.

This will have to be the most astounding leap in quality from initial game to sequel in the history of the medium for it to be even worth glancing at. I don’t think I even lasted an hour on the first game before giving up in confusion and irritation.