Two Worlds II: We know the first game was terrible

Amazon has 360 version for $40 – good price?

I loved the pc version - it was a helluva lot more fun that games like DA2 and the like. Played it for about 35 hours and it was fun all the way through.

If you like open-world style games and don’t mind the occasional wierdness (Like an annoying journal), its a great great game.

So yes, good price ;-)

Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga just came out on 360 for $40, buy that instead.

What the heck is this? The Tower Defence spin-off?

http://www.twoworlds2.com/cd/about-en.html

Not sure if this has been mentioned already elsewhere but Direct2drive are selling the PC version for $35 right now and if you enter the code BUNNY you can get another 25% off so for around $26.

Chappers

I’m glad this did well enough to get an expansion.

Awesome news. I wish the publisher is more competent this time.

Yes. And the developer :)

Oh, I missed this title. Now to find a store and play something while waiting for Skyrim :)

Those are really pretty screens. I skipped the first Two Worlds… is it necessary to play that before going onto the second?

Probably not, no. I’d try the second one, and avoid the first unless you become a convert.

And probably avoid it then, unless you want to retroactively start hating the second.

So I guess the accepted judgement is thumbs down for Two Worlds One, but thumbs up for Two Worlds Two.

There’s a little more wiggle room for the first on PC, but it’s an absolute nightmare on a console.

Gotcha. Will be playing on PC regardless. I will check it out when I get home this evening. Been looking for an RPG to get into.

Two Worlds 2 sold 2 million? Seems hard to believe, but well… yay them :)

I’ve been reading the threads on Two Worlds 2 and Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga and am wondering how the two games compare. From what I’ve read and the screenshots I’ve seen, they seem similiar. Which one is better, and why?

DKS is probably a slightly more solid experience - TW2 tries a bunch of things out and doesn’t quite make them all gel, and its main plot & pacing stumble somewhat. It’s got lots to enjoy along the way IMO - I paid more or less full price and thought that was fine. DKS is well written and notably light-hearted. The only thing people tend not to like so much are the dragon sections, which are a bit like a B list arcade game some years ago. It has a demo, TW2 does not. One advantage TW2 has is its locations, a lot of which are not the usual run of the mill old-Europa.

I put down TW2 in the china area. I just sort of lost interest, yet people in this thread seem to like the game a lot. I do not know why, but It just doesn’t do anything for me. It is still installed on my HDD sitting there waiting for me to continue my game.

I would like to one day to see the end of the story, its just that I can never bring myself to start playing it again. There is also the original drakensang which I think is close to being complete too waiting for me to finish as well.

Has anybody else bought this from Impulse? If so, were you able to install it? The serial code Impulse provided is wrong, spectacularly so. It has about 10 more digits than the game expects.