Two Worlds II: We know the first game was terrible

The comprehensive in-game help explaining what all the obscure function keys do is awesome.

OH WAIT THAT DOESN’T EXIST.

They get a couple of points for letting me flip between windowed and fullscreen modes without forcing me to quit and restart.

Is my chest in the Caves of Alsaoskaokdoakdloajoldjasldjlasjf a “safe” place to store extra stuff? Will it follow me around through the game? Or do I have to carry everything?

Aren’t they just inventory and stuff? Been a while since I played. Good game!

Alt-tab works in fullscreen too. Sweet.

Every time I turn the camera, when i stop moving it, it “tilt-shifts” to be flat. Is there a way to get this to stop? It’s really disconcerting.

What a low bar the gaming industry has set for our expectations.

There was a thread a while ago where I said something along the lines of “if alt-tab doesn’t work in a game, I won’t play it because fuck them.” And that turned into 8 pages of people telling me that I should be grateful for the pieces of shit placed on the plate before me, and eat up with a smile.

Are we taking bets that alt-tab will crash Skyrim 33% of the time, just like it does all the other Bethesda games?

Ah yes - function keys :) The highly intuituve Alt F1 to quicksave. The rest of them up to about F7 take you through successive UI screens. It’s fast if odd.

I can’t remember any quirks of the camera… but one thing it did take me a moment or three to realise was that the hotbar is pretty much redundant. The first three positions are reserved for context-sensitive combat skills and you switch between weapons by switching between all-encompassing ‘presets’ rather that just swapping a sword for a bow as you might in other games. Potions have their own hotkeys too, so there’s no need for them on their either.

There a various tweaks for FOV & blur which I found necessary on the PC.

I didn’t post, but I had your back in that thread ;)

My personal hate was games that assumed you were running with admin permissions, despite the fact that writing a game with no requirement for them is a piece of cake.

OK, I did the first ostrich quest and it was ok. Now she’s asking me to go out of my way to this village far away. In between me and the quest target are 8,135,155 wild animals. Most of which I can defeat one on one.

Am I supposed to:

(a) Walk/horse there along the road, but carefully dismount every time an ostrich is in my way to kill it or
(b) Just try to blow through them?

So far if I try to just run past 'em, it seems like i get forcibly dismounted every few feet. Am I missing something? Should I just accept that i’m gonna have to effectively fight everything on my way there (in which case, riding the horse seems sort of pointless, because i have to get off it to fight)

I think you can just ride there fairly painlessly once you’ve got the hang of riding at all. You’re not making the horse throw you by over-kicking him?

I’m on the “termite mound” quest where I’m supposed to eliminate 10 or so Varns. Any two of them ganged up on me can kill me. I’m probably around level 4 or 5, and haven’t spent many skill points (because I haven’t found many books yet). Am I here “too early”, and I need to run around killing pigs for a while, or is there some trick to doing this mission that should be obvious to me, but isn’t?

No there’s no trick I don’t think. If you’re going to cruise around and explore a bit to get your skills up (there’s an in-game respec option so don’t worry too much about this) there’s another quirk you might register. The game tends to spawn stuff for quests in the savannah only when that quest is received, so if you do go exploring you’ll come across a few empty houses and unopenable doors, which become more interesting once you’ve taken the actual quest attached…

I sort of scummed my way through it by shooting most of them from the unreachable cliff to the south. That gave me a level, so when there were 3 of them left I went down to take them on hand to hand. From this I learned 2 things:

(1) Time stops when you craft healing potions. Phew.
(2) Resistance potions matter a lot when you’re meleeing shamans.

Peeked at this game due to the Steam sale, and I feel obliged to point out that clearly this isn’t a game at all, but a kind of Trojan Horse game created for the purpose of TRADEMARK SQUATTING:

“A perfect mix of flexibility, creativity and state-of-the-art technology “Two Worlds II” is a perfect blend of classic and innovated RPG features, atmosphere, and technology. A complex quest system and an exciting main story draw you into the world of Antaloor, made richer by secondary quest scenarios. Rich gameplay and engaging atmosphere propel the story and captures attention, promising danger and exploration throughout the many quests and video sequences. Enhanced AI, balancing standards, experienced authors, an active combat system, the innovative DEMONS™ magic management, and the PAPAK™ alchemy system guarantee enjoyment for new and experienced gamers. An artistic system of attack and defense moves has been integrated into the game. Parries and changing hit results creates a real opportunity for tactics and excitement, as the AI engage in combat and employ strategy of their own. The game also offers extreme flexibility in the weapon and armament design possibilities. The cornerstone at the heart of this feature is the newly created 'CRAFT’™ tool. Players can break down items into their basic materials and create new unique items. “Two Worlds II” is also graphically superb. The powerful GRACE™ engine offers technological highlights such as an unlimited number of dynamic light sources, 24 bit HDR post-processing, and Real Eye Adaptation. It will drastically reduce loading times, improve general game performance, and enable full gameplay with only moderate hardware requirements.”

Dangit, and I was going to call MY alchemy system in MY video game “PAPAK”! (As if that’s not enough of a coincidence, my game is ALSO a perfect mix of a perfect blend of perfection that’s perfect!)

This game has the best magic system of any game, hands down.

Any chance you could give a quick rundown of what makes it so unique without breaking their trademark? I could probably read the thread, but so many pages!

You make your own spells by combining runes and shit.

Say, I learn a “rune” that heals for 50 hit points.
I also have a rune that makes an “effect” that lasts 10 seconds.
Combine them, and I have a HOT for 10 seconds.

Maybe I have another rune that shoots the spell as a missile.
Combine them, and I now have a Magic Healing HOT Missile.

Perhaps I have a fire rune, for 10 fire damage. I replace the Healing Rune with the Fire damage.
— now I have a Fire Missile.

Maybe I find a rune that splits my missile into 3 homing missiles.
… and so on and so forth

Its almost like the Magic system you have in Asherons CAll at the start, where you combined WORDS + Hand Movements to create your own unique spells. (Or you could learn them… from ENEMIES no less, when they cast them on you, if you observed their hand movement and heard the words… and ran away crying like a little girl…)

So it’s the Legend system?

I liked the first one.

You have rendered all future opinions invalid.