Two Worlds II: We know the first game was terrible

I’ll probably try it out unless it gets totally slammed in reviews.

Well a review from Eurogamer Germany gave it a 9/10.

From translation this guy seems to really like it…

"Yes, I admit, Two Worlds II has impressed me deeply. Such a complex adventure that is held by so lovingly crafted voice recordings, I have not seen for a long time. Oh well: I’ve never seen! In spite of small spots on the shining armor is a masterpiece."

I never played the game, but these vids cracked me UP.

I don’t know how Eurogamer.de normally review, but they gave Arcania a 6, so a 9 doesn’t seem bad… In fact the only other review I’ve seen gave it 91. I actually have this on its way as an import hopefully. I’ll let you know :)

I actually might import this too… did you preorder from GoGamer or somewhere else? The US release date is January supposedly.

I hadn’t seen GoGamer so I’ll be annoyed if they do have it - I went for Amazon.de.

Was it really that bad?

Well I just preordered 2 day fedex from gogamer. so if the 11/11 day is right, probably get it Monday next week.

Kind of excited. I have a feeling this might be a pretty good game. Last time I imported a prerelease US delayed game was OFP, which was years ago. So maybe I’ll luck out like then!

No. Not the PC version anyway.

No. Not the PC version anyway.

On PC Two Worlds was decent. It was basically a ‘poor’ mans Oblivion. I never finished it, but what I played it was a passable mix of Oblivion meets Gothic. Suprisingly the character development was very open ended and got deeper the longer you played (I played about 15-20 hours).

Oh yeah, the horses weren’t that bad on PC… at least after patches. That video looks like his controller is stuck. also an aside, even in that video the graphics look pretty good for a 360 game thats 4 years old.

I will be spectacularly annoyed if GoGamer actually have it.

I second this. I really enjoyed it on the PC. I will agree with mtkafka that it was the poor man’s Oblivion but it still was an enjoyable game with a great world.

The horses at times did have minds of their own but so do real horses, amirite?

well i read from the ign 2worlds board some people called and emailed gogamer to confirm. seems that the imports are international versions (not sure if from germany or uk). i have seen this a few times with gogamer getting non-uk international versions as import.

its possible the 11/11 date is correct. I’ll find out next week!

So is this like the Red Steel 2 of RPGs, or what? Why go to the trouble of making an apparently pretty good game and then slap the title of a bad game on it?

Well its from east Europe (Poland). Titles like Evil Islands and Divine Divinity are common! oh and don’t forget S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I have a good feeling this might be at least worth playing. This video shows some nice fluid action combat… something that was absent from even Oblivion.

Are those monkeys flinging poop at the PC? Heh.

I liked the first game. Sure it wasn’t the best ever made and it was a mess technically but I loved the world itself (much more than Oblvion’s). Combining items was fun and the character development wasn’t bad. The VOs were horrible, true, and the story was meh. Looking forward to the second game, but I’m happy Europe gets to cut its teeth on it first and can warn us US folks if it is a mess.

About the horse riding, well I just started replaying the game from the steam version epic edition, the thing is the horses cannot ride on steep terrain and will sort of auto move out of steep unpassable terrain. its a little annoying, but once you know where you can and cannot go, really no big deal (imo).

btw i cancelled my preorder on gogamer and bought 2 worlds 2 on gamersgate uk for download. you can get it thru a german proxy and just add to basket. its about 30GBP… about 45-50 bux.

Is that Two Worlds 2 you can get through a German proxy on Gamersgate.uk the English version of the game?

How do you purchase it through a German proxy? (What are the exact steps, I have no idea how to do this)

Do you have to route the Gamersgate downloader client through a proxy as well?