Two Worlds

Don’t look at the pictures on wikipedia, one of them is icky!

I picked up the Xbox 360 version of Two Worlds from a local video store that was shutting down, for just $5.

Capsule review: I want my $5 back.

Together with the upcoming sequel “The Temptation”, a new gameplay feature has been developed that will enable the player to influence his environment even more! He can now use chests, barrels and other items to defeat his opponents or to reach higher ground - and as far as the vertical is concerned, there are ladders available in “The Temptation”!

Right because the only thing that was wrong with the original was that it was missing LADDERS.

Tough crowd.

This thread started before the other one, but has more recent posts.

I see there is a new compilation pack for this game coming out. Is it worth playing yet? I kind of wrote it off as yet another crappy RPG. I have a huge backlog, but if it’s a flawed gem I could be convined to add it.

I liked some aspects of it (the exploration and monster-whomping was kinda fun, even though the rest was junk). But I wouldn’t bother bumping anything else on the backlog for it. It’s a nothing-better-to-play-for-now kind of game.

Matt said to do it so I am. Really I tried not to just come in here to shit on Two Worlds but I CAN’T HELP IT.

No, oh god, no, never, no, not worth it.

Some people will tell you it was fine, I think they want you to suffer with them.

Or, as it would be stated in TW, THOU DOST SUFFERTH NOT ENOUGHTH, THEY DO WANT YE TO BE BEPAINED WITH THEE, SPENDETH NOT THY FIVE GOLDEN COINETH IF THOU HATED THY DEMONSTRATION.

Or, more simply, if you found the demo fatally flawed, that’s not going to be changed by the full game or expansion and you’ll shove pencils into your ears in 3 hours or less.

The people who really liked TW may speak now and inform me how wrong I am. Allistar, Greg, get in here!

Nah, Zeke, you pretty much nailed it.

I guess I could try the demo, but I’m glad there’s no real compelling reason to go for it.

I tried playing the work copy of this, and died five times trying to get from the tutorial cave to the town. I couldn’t even figure out how to hit anything reliably. Maybe the PC version’s better, but the 360 version has some of the most unresponsive controls on the system.

But apparently it’s still way better than Too Human.

If you want open world, and you’ve tried the Gothics and Oblivions and Witchers (ok, not quite so open), you could give this a go. I thought it was good enough to finish. There is a PC Demo… and the PC version was a lot better than the 360. Alternatively, the expandalone is progressing:

http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/35429/PC/Two-Worlds-The-Temptation

and there is also Drakensang, if you really need to roleplay Germans…

http://www.sevengames.de/video/sevengames_tv/sendung/videoplayer/00588/

Video in german, English version to come in 09.

And of course, Risen (from the Gothic people) is edging closer :)

http://risen.deepsilver.com/

I’m really looking forward to Risen. They could do a little work on their FAQ though - it’s hilarious what they consider important, at least in humour:

Will there be hard liquor?
Absolutely certain!

Are there any women in the completed game?
Yes, there will be women.

Will the hero have a consistent appearance or will you be able to customize your own? Will he be able to bat his eyelids?
The hero will keep a consistent appearance. Yes, he will be able to bat his eyelids.

Will there be decent hairstyles?
Yes, there will be hairstyles. Very realistic ones actually.

Will there be fat fellow citizens?
There will be overweight people.

Will there be flails and explosives?
No.

Damn, no flails.

Hey man, it’s not their fault that people are frequently asking them questions about flails, fatties, and females.

(Actually, this is a pet peeve of mine. I can’t count how many just-posted game websites have a so-called FAQ. It doesn’t work that way, buddy!)

Maybe the developers’ moms had been asking about those questions for months while the game was being made.

Maybe you should quit making assumptions about their Frequently Anticipated Questions lists.

This “compilation pack” is really just a way to get a new sku on shelves. It adds some multiplayer maps - that’s it. Wait for the proper followup Two worlds: The Temptation, or the inevitable Gold pack that contains both way down the track.

Which version? The 360 version is a total turd by all accounts. The PC version wasn’t awful, but isn’t anything special either.

Necro! I command you!

I picked up the Two Worlds Epic Edition for $14.99 at Best Buy over the weekend. (Which was funny since the original Two Worlds PC box was sitting right next to it for $49.99.) So far, it’s not as terrible as a lot of people said. It’s not great, but I went in with very low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Instead of treating it like a grand RPG, I’m just playing it like a cheesy action hack & slash.

Yep, I got it when it was $10 on Steam and didn’t regret it at all.

Multiplayer was a riot.

My brother and I just picked this up on the xbox from blockbuster. It is, without a doubt, the WORST game I have ever spent five minutes on it. It looks like Doom (from like, the 90s) has a loading screen every five seconds (not kidding, we timed it) and has a menu that made no sense. Maybe it’s fun on the pc, but it was effing terrible on the Xbox. Total ripoff.

It’s the videogame equivalent of being anally raped by Carrot Top. We’re scratching it and returning it so that no one else has to suffer from it.