Uber vs. California - Robot cars not ready for roads?

My guess is that the 400 people in the original test group found it wasn’t useful when free, and so have no interest in paying for it. Which is probably the way Waymo prefers it, since their costs per ride with a safety driver and possibly an engineer as well, must be astronomical.

I wonder when the investors will start to feel as deceived as the tech press.

As an aside

Oh, PLEASE let this happen. It’s one of the few times I really, really hope a company gets held to the stockholder irons regarding stupid shit that management does. Full disclosure on costs for legal representation of management? Yes, please. Uber has repeatedly shown itself to be a cesspool of pretty high magnitude. (This is me assuming that any settlements would be significant enough to Uber’s bottom line that they would get disclosed, and I think they aren’t big enough to hide them from a 10-K.)

The truth is that it’s a grift. Everyone promises what they know they can’t deliver because they want the moneys now and don’t care about what happens later. Musk keeps telling everyone that any day now their Teslas will autonomically drive to Mars and bring them back Frosties while they sleep, and people go oh, cool and buy that shit. It’s fraud, but no one will say it’s fraud.

I almost got into a wreck today making an unprotected left hand turn (my fault). I can kinda see why Waymo would take the long way around a block in order to avoid them.