Ubisoft DRM Cracked!

Is it?

SKIDROW bring us new “Silent Hunter 5 Battle of the Atlantic” game. Funny thing is that this game is based on newest Ubisoft DRM protection which requires you to be online during the gameplay. Poor legit users…

█ █ 1. Unpack release
█ █ 2. Mount image or burn it
█ █ 3. Install
█ █ 4. Copy the content from the SKIDROW folder on the DVD to your
█ █ installation directory and overwrite
█ █ 5. Play the game
█ █
█ █ Additinal Notes:
█ █
█ █ Don’t install/use Ubisoft launcher, or simply block any
█ █ connection to internet.
█ █
█ █ Install game and copy crack, it’s that simple!
█ █
█ █ Support the companies, which software you actually enjoy!

Only one day after release too!
Notice that you must NOT be connected to the internet in order to play this version.

Some references.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-ubisoft-s-drm-already-bypassed-by-crackers-165756.phtml

Someone mentioned this in the Ubisoft DRM thread. It has been cracked, but you can’t save, right?

I’ve heard there is no proof of the game running either. Sounds sensationalist to me (would love to be proven wrong.)

This smells like bullshit. Anyone can release a shitty crack for any game they wish. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory had countless cracks released for it.

Guess what - none of the Chaos Theory cracks worked until about 400+ days after the game released.

So the cracked version is equally annoying as the DRM version. Which is probably a positive step as far as publishers are concerned, since it used to be that cracked versions were considerably more convenient.

I think they mean block any connection to the internet FROM the game aka block it with a firewall

All I read from that is you either not run the launcher or don’t connect to internet.

No, those are referring to something different altogether. This looks like a proper crack with saving and everything intact. We do have to wait a bit for final confirmation, but it looks legit.

It was a joke. You can be connected to the internet. You just need to block Ubi services with your firewall. It is infinitely less annoying than the paid version. Yeah, what those other guys said.

What smells like bullshit is the idea that it is uncrackable.
And Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory? Any FAMOUS game gets cracked in 2 weeks or so, if Chaos Theory was cracked after 400+ days it’s because there weren’t enough people interested in it; compare to countless other games that get zero-day cracks or at least cracked in a week.

Anyway, yet another proof that Ubisoft has sailed on the DRM failboat.

I have my doubts about this (I remember people crowing about a “cracked” Mass Effect that had problems saving and a nonfunctional galaxy map and a “cracked” Bioshock that didn’t actually work), but it’s easy enough to convince an app you’re offline by blocking it with a firewall.

Not surprising news, but certainly awesome news. One day, bitches.

Unbelieveable. Now we can just hope Ubi will

1. abandon this DRM
  2. not abandon PC platform

If these two conditions happen, I will buy AC2 and SC5, wheee!

Malkav: there were two cracked versions of Mass Effect 2, the second one by Razor1911 (released one day after) had no problems whatsoever; when they cracked the DLC (also a zero day release) it also worked flawlessly. I know and I did buy ME2.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I’m finding this thread to be extraordinarily satisfying.

I am more hoping that they do not abandon the PC. I know that we all have our own opinions on the DRM, but personally I will put up with the DRM if I can play on my favorite platform. :(

I figured warez kids wouldn’t know how to play Silent Hunter sufficiently to find latent glitches and landmines. You know, the torpedo of greed.

There’s probably a sea-faring pirate joke in there too.

Looks like too much trouble. I’d rather just wait for competitively priced digital download versions.

Funny how the reviled pirates suddenly regain their folk hero status.

two words: Fuck Yea!

Are you kidding me? Chaos Theory was an extremely popular game that wasn’t cracked for more than a year, while Silent Hunter is a niche game that was “cracked” in 24 hours.

The burden of proof is on the pirates, and they haven’t provided any. Uploading some random file with the word “crack” in it is meaningless.

This simply isn’t comparable to any regular SecuROM DRM or anything. It doesn’t matter if most games are cracked quickly - this is an entirely different scheme that doesn’t just require activation, but actively requires an internet connection to physically function correctly.

Maybe this will improve sales? Now people who are boycotting the game can finally buy it and just apply the crack to play hassle free.