UK conservative MP replies to accusations of drug use

Made me laugh.

This allegation was put to Louse Mensch, by a journalist in an email. She made her reply public:
[INDENT]Whilst working at EMI, in the 1990s, you took drugs with Nigel Kennedy at Ronnie Scott’s in Birmingham, including dancing on a dance floor, whilst drunk, with Mr Kennedy, in front of journalists. Photos of this exist.
And the reply:
[/INDENT][INDENT]Although I do not remember the specific incident, this sounds highly probable. I thoroughly enjoyed working with Nigel Kennedy, whom I remember with affection. Additionally, since I was in my twenties, I’m sure it was not the only incident of the kind; we all do idiotic things when young. I am not a very good dancer and must apologise to any and all journalists who were forced to watch me dance that night at Ronnie Scott’s
[/INDENT]

Heh perfect reply, if only more politicians would actually own up to things they have done in their past. The cover ups almost always cause more damage to them then the actual event would have.

I thought that was a masterclass in telling journalists where to shove it. FYI, this is happening because she is one of the MPs investigating corruption and phone hacking by journalists… They are trying to smear her.

Pretty much. The left-leaning blogs all had a good laugh at the press as well, this isn’t a party-political issue.