Ultima X?

Honestly, the first thing that passed through my mind was “Wow, this looks like an Ultima mod for Unreal.” That’s not a good reaction.

I hope they remember it’s clicky, clicky crafting which made UO different and interesting.

Way to ruin a storied franchise, EA!

I’d have to agree with you there ;) Still, i have faith in Hollis; smart guy who has worked on some truly great titles (some with Sid). Be interesting to to see how it turns out.

Cheers,
-S

I wanna see Ultima X as an FPS with powerups, bounce-pads, and an announcer that says “EXCESSIVE DAMAGE!!!” on severe ownage…

woot! woot!

I can’t wait to hear the phrase “Shamino is on a RAMPAGE!!!” from that awesome unreal voice guy.

Actually, strike that.

Instead, I want the narrator to be the Guardian. It would be much cooler if the Guardian said “DOMINATING!”

Well, bear in mind that the guy who invented Ultima works for a competitor now. That can be a bit limiting.

Johnathan "Calandryll’ Hanna is lead designer, according to the UO news sites. That actually impresses me more than Andy Hollis.

Isn’t that the stuff you put on the poison ivy?

I can see that. Can’t be any worse than the “Through The Pillars” speech.

Isn’t that the stuff you put on the poison ivy?[/quote]

<g> Actually, Lum is right; everyone and his grandmother has tried to hire Jon away from OSI, but he seems eager to finish out the project. I worked with him at OSI and I’d hire him in a minute if he gave me an indication he was available.