Ultimate Avengers

I like the new Fury better than the classic for some reason. Just written better, and far more pragmatic in what he does-although he is going off the deep end in Ultimates Annual.

I was very disappointed that there was no angry Hulk pursuit of Freddy Prinze Jr. And no 800 civilian casualties from what I could see. Poor Ultimate Hulk.

From the looks of the “A look at Ultimate Avengers 2!” feature, the next movie won’t have anything at all to do with the Ultimate book, so Hulk killing 800 people doesn’t really need to happen. The lack of Hulk’s Freddy Prinze Jr. envy is lamentable though.

TOFURKEY NOT FUNNY!

“Naked man thinks HULK would not find out about affair?”

Just watched it. I was entertained, mainly by Hulk smacking people down.

My girlfriend thought the credits art was much better… which is good, because I just ordered the 3 Ultimates softcovers.

Watched this a few days ago.

With the decline of JLU this scratched a good itch. Of course the Hulk was done well and I enjoyed the Cap portion, but I think they could have spent a little more time on Ironman and Thor. It felt like the movie ended abruptly.

Probably because it was going along so well. I expected something more for Cap.

What decline?

You honestly think that JLU is holding steady in terms of quality? I mean, after the season with Question, this season has been a bitter disappointment. A few good spots throughout, but nothing of the caliber they have been putting out. Couple with that the spotty episode releases, JLU is in decline unless they somehow turn around the season with some truly inspiring episodes.

Considering that the season is technically over and they never did regain the full epic scale of season 3&4 (and admittedly, didn’t want to go in that direction). I don’t think you’d be pleased. Also, this is the last season. :( no more good superhero cartoons on TV anymore. (Or good cartoons for that matter.)

That said, the final two episodes were a nice big drawn out fight and there was the episode in which Lex and Flash switched bodies.

I’m not and I feel exactly the same way.

That said, the final two episodes were a nice big drawn out fight and there was the episode in which Lex and Flash switched bodies.

I have only seen up to the Lex/Flash switched body episode which I thought was great since Flash gets to use some of his better powers, but it seemed he was getting owned way too easy for such half-assed 3rd stringers.

Ok, my two cents:

1. It was just awesome. Great re-imagining, great story.

2. Black Widow is . . . haaaawt.

3. Me being the self-proclaimed fanboy I am, seeing Hulk in action finally (please make Hulk 2 more actiony, if it pans out) was just heaven. I was cheerign and giggling so much my wife had to ask me to keep it down. Woo hoo!]

Edit: Oh, I forgot. Important question. Is The Uiltimates comic book worth picking up, having seen this? Is it wholly different? I picked up The Watchmen and a new GI Joe: Rise of Serpentor gn the other day, so I have plenty of comic book goodness right now. Is it worth the $20 or so?

It’s worth what you’ll pay for it on buy.com.

It’s awesome.

The Ultimates is the best comic currently going – note: it will soon be terrible, as Mark Millar is leaving and being replaced by Jeph Loeb, but the trade paperbacks are definitely worth picking up.

Crap, Loeb’s the writer? I saw the announcement about the artist somewhere and already had my doubs. Loeb’s such a complete hack though, I’m gonna keep buying it just so I can set it on fire and then urinate on it in front of the comic shop.

Oh shit, really? I just ordered the Spiderman: Blue TPB on a whim because I’m in a Spiderman mood, the cover art is good, and don’t like the look of the other new stuff (and by ‘new’ I mean anything during or after the early 90’s, which is where I stopped paying attention). Did I do wrong?

The beginning of JMS’s run on Spidey was good. Also Ultimate Spidey is good, but in a Daja Vu kind of way.
My favorte take on spidey right now is New Avengers.

less dramatically, I’m done with Ultimates once Loeb takes over.

Why all the hate for Jeff? What about Batman: The Long Halloween and Batman: Hush?

And Superman for all Seasons? and Daredevil Yellow? Is it possible i’ve just been seduced by Tim Sale’s Lovely art?