Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Really liked the references to the Ghostbusters restaurant scene.

“I Like Dong!”
“Me too, just don’t tell any of the other guys”

“I’m going to destroy you.”
“I know you are. But what. Am. I?”

“I’ve had everything normal happen to me.”

“Dancing is all about butts now!”

I’ve enjoyed the first four episodes. Tons of great lines and I adore Ellie Kemper.

My favorite joke from the pilot came when she was about to give up and leave NYC and then she found her secret santa gift… a cross-stitched map of the world that reads SOMEDAY… which she promptly tosses. Then she sees the rat in the garbage can and that’s what triggers her anticipated change of heart. Such a great gag.

Girlfriend and I watched the first few episodes of this last night, and had fun with it. It’s not going on my all-time list of favorites or anything, but we laughed enough to make it worth watching the rest. The bit with the kid beating on Titus-as-Iron-Man was hilarious.

I love it, we’re ready to watch again from the beginning.

2 episodes in and I am struggling to continue, I don’t know if I can handle Jane Krakowski in this, she is probably my least favorite part of the show.

I also didn’t like her character in 30 Rock for what its worth. :/

Well, she isn’t in a lot of this show. Though, she was my favorite character in 30 Rock.

If you can’t take the heat of Mickey Rourke’s sex grill, get out of the kitchen.

I generally enjoyed the show but sometimes I felt like they were a little thin on material so they would go with some random non-sequiturs that fell a bit flat to fill the time. I liked it when Tina Fey showed up as Marcia Clark-esque, but that ran its course before they were done with them.

I did finally get around to finishing the whole season, and enjoyed pretty much all of it except the last two episodes. The whole trial thing just fell flat for me, as it seemed like they repeated the same jokes over and over (dumb hick judge, dumb hick jury, incompetent lawyer, con man, repeat). It’s mostly dumb jokes all the way through, which is ok, but I draw the line at the same dumb jokes over and over. Having said that, I enjoyed most of the show, and I’ll probably watch a second season.

Pinot Noir. Jamie Farr.

Teri Garr. Myanmar.

I always wonder if this is a flaw in binge-watching a show. In the ‘old days’ of getting an episode a week, you were less likely to be annoyed by ‘the same old jokes’ versus having just seen ‘the same old joke’ 20 minutes prior in a previous episode.

That’s maybe a thing, but the ending of this show was weak weak weak. It’s like they said “oh crap we got Jon Hamm, uh, write Jon Hamm jokes for two episodes!!” Except they only had two Jon Hamm jokes.

And I say that as someone who loved the show up until the whole trial. Well, Kimmy’s stepfather or whatever sad sack dude was pretty lame too.

“2090 called. You’re dead and you wasted your time on earth.”

I loved the stuff with Kimmy’s stepdad getting addicted to heroin.

Started watching this again, episodes 4 and 5 were pretty great.

Season 2 coming soon!

Yes please.

I love everything about that promo shot.

Season 2 is coming in April.

Well this is just awesome. Have they put any information out on what the plot line for the season is looking like?