Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End

It is uncanny

That was fantastic.

Cool video and well done. Wouldn’t mind seeing a whole movie of that kind of fun indy adventure stuff. Doesn’t seem to be around much anymore.

Though I am a bit curious as to what that was all about. Can’t JUST be a fanfiction movie can it? Perhaps him showing he can still do action hero stuff?

I mean I have no doubt that Nathan Fillion would love it if the public reaction prompted Sony to finance a full movie with him starring the way Deadpool was greenlit after the test footage got out, if that’s what you mean :)

I guess they are too poor to hire Claudia Black.

That was pretty awesome.

First, as a whole I’m enjoying Uncharted 4. Drake is great as usual. I’m not a big fan of his brother. The story is entertaining and the graphics are great.

This seems to be the story of my life lately, but I wish there wasn’t so much filler content in Uncharted 4. The drive to the volcano seemed brutally long. Traversal seems too long too. I only need so much moving the left stick to the next hand hold. One wave of enemies for the encounters would be plenty too.

I saw that how long to beat has the main story at 15 hours and I don’t see how that is possible.I was thinking cool - I could go for a shortish story based game that doesn’t overstay its welcome. It’s gotta take me double that, at least. I’m not dying a ton either. I make the occasional mis jump, or die in a firefight a handful of times - but it’s not like I’m replaying a fight for 30 minutes or anything.

I just wish they could condense the entire experience and then it would be awesome.

Edit: I guess I haven’t been playing as long as it feels. Game says I’ve got 8+ hours into it and I’m about halfway done.

And it’s a wrap. It was nice to see it through to the end. The game is at it’s best when Nathan and Eleana are in it together. Sam was ok but he just isn’t the same.

Same as I said above. I could have used less traversal, less waves if enemies.

Uncharted could always do with fewer waves of enemies.

The standalone successor game Lost Legacy is a much better experience in terms of pacing. It’s a tight but very meaningful experience.

I can’t believe how fast you are. Uncharted 1 and 2 both took me about a year to finish, because there are sooooooo many waves of enemies, and so much traversal.

I think it’s safe to say I play many more hours per week than you do :-)

You need a quality 60-70 hour a week job. That will cut down all that gaming time quick .

That…would make me a very unhappy person. Not due to the gaming time loss, but the working that many hours.

Looks like UC4 is set to be coming to PC. From Sony’s investor meeting slides:

Wow, would that be the first Naughty Dog game on PC?

Awesome. Does it make sense to start with number 4?

Love them trying to spin The Show no longer being exclusive as a positive.

Dream Zone was out on PCs on DOS. Keef the Thief was too! We’re missing 3DO’s classic Way of the Warrior.

I did and enjoyed it!

Tried going back and playing some of the early ones, but got distracted and never finished them. So, I reckon: its fine to skip them and just go for it. Its a fun cinematic game, however it all depends on your patience for VERY scripted / on-rails type games (other games of the genre arew the new Tomb Raiders or Last of Us).

Normally I don’t really enjoy that game-type very much (never could finish LoU or TR2/3), but the visuals and the style of Uncharted4 was enough to carry me over those scripted / QTE parts to complete it.