Uncharted The Lost Legacy

I picked up this one last month for some potential lighter quarantine gaming, as have been too busy to do something meatier like one of my backlogged open world games (uh, that said I was delusional enough to also pick up a console version of Elder Scrolls Online for more social interaction - haven’t installed it yet, heh).

Buzzed through a few hours of Lost Legacy and was really enjoying it. It’s been a few years since Uncharted 4, so I forgot how beautiful these games are, and how generally polished their gameplay systems are, etc.

That said, for some reason, the psychotic, murderous behaviour of the otherwise charming protagonists seems more incongruous than ever - always a problem in the series, I actually felt Uncharted 4 handled that aspect better than prior games, but it seems more ridiculous than ever here (perhaps made even more ludicrous by the visuals of 120 lb Chloe snapping the necks of every 250 lb soldier who gets within 5 ft of her). That said, for some reason I like stealth in this game more than in prior installments - maybe it’s just because I’m more consistently marking enemies to track them, and also because they don’t seem as arduous and lengthy as some situations in Uncharted 4, but stealth seems a more satisfying option than ever. I like exploring, and there are a ton of collectibles in this game, which does also have a downside, as I spend a lot of time checking every nook and cranny - these games always take me about 3x as long to play as the numbers people bandy around (although I guess they are generally playing on “normal” default difficulty, which always seems like it’s for kids in most console franchises, as the games largely play themselves).

Anyway, a nice distraction and environment to explore, which is less of a commitment than a meaty playthrough of Red Dead Redemption 2, Horizons Zero Dawn, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Witcher 3, etc.