Under Falling Skies unfortunately lives up to its name

I am jealous of you getting so much playtime with it. It’s still nowhere to be found in UK. I think March restocks will be the earliest I can get it. Sounds like you are having fun puzzling it out.

definetly. It is really an elegant design. I got one of the last before it got out of stock.

I sometimes order from amazon.uk and shipping is not much more. English version is available in the german amazon store.

Oh yes. I used to be able to do that. But then Brexit happened. There have been so many fees issues and delays buying from the continent, as well as publishers temporarily halting sales to UK (like Portal games) that looking at the other Amazon shop fronts is not really an option right now.

Also, it’s supposed to retail for roughly £25 (Correction: £29 / €32. So not a terrible price). I’ll wait for local stock.

ok, I finally managed (due to time constraints) to get to the finale. Looks pretty harsh. I liked the different mission modules, Contamination was great. Contaminating the first action spot in every round was very interesting. In my first try I contaminated one of two energy spots in my first round, realizing that I have to dig far for the next energy.

10 enemy ships now, wow. And a longer research track. The campaign doesn’t really build up. Every chapter feels like a reset.I guess that when I play this game in the future I will draw a random module, random city and depending on difficulty a couple of characters.

They should have marked the sky tiles with numbers or something. Not sure how to organize them, or how to use them. I guess I draw some random. But you cannot mix them totally, each sky tile has its place in the sky, only distinguished by the light/dark color.

note to my former self: you are dumb, all tiles have chapter markings on them.

I’m in the middle of playing my first game (using Roswell, as recommended my first-timers), and I’m liking it. It certainly is a brain-burner that can induce AP if you really want to think and plan your moves out. I also see it as two games in one (plus a campaign added on…alleged no endgame result aside). It’s like you have to pay attention to how you’ll win and how you avoid getting damaged by the aliens. In fact, I find managing the alien ships to be the genius part of the game. Oh, and there’s a reason why it got BGG’s Best Solo Game of the Year. I guess that crushes any negative reviews of the game.

Uh, I’m pretty sure that’s not how reviews work.

-Tom

Didn’t you know that every single tv show or movie that got an Emmy or Oscar has 100% on Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes? It’s undeniable.

Looks like this is back in stock again at Amazon.