Unity of Command II - this time it's 3d

To be released in Q3 2019.

That post links to a bunch of other dev diaries explaining the new features in more detail.

Link to the Steam store page.

I’ve been hearing and reading good stuff about the first one for millennia, so maybe I should get around to trying it in preparation for the sequel. That said, I’m not entirely sold on the units’ new 3D look.

Great! Just like Panzer General 3D.

Huh, hadn’t heard anything about this stragglers system.

That’s a cool mechanic I haven’t seen before.

Looks nice. I just hope they modify the seemingly obtuse supply line system. I wanted to like the first game so much but I really never understood how to increase supply range so about mid-mission I would be at the limit of my supply lines and unable to move forward. After 10 hours or so I gave up in frustration.

Uh? I found Unity of Command’s supply system the easiest to understand from any game trying to model it (of course, games with no supply modelling are easier to understand :P)…

Supply sources connect to railway hexes. From a connected railway hex (uninterrupted railway line to your supply source, every railway hex in the line under your control), supply extends out to non-railway hexes a given range (defined by the source) in Movement points (so no supply tracing over unbridged rivers, mountains, etc). To extend supply, extend railways by controlling the spaces the line occupies. That’s prety much it.

Length of the railway line does not matter. If a hex is connected to a supply source through controlled railways, supplies extend from there.

All strategy games must have cards.

I didn’t even get a chance to read the link. I’m sure they’ve done a good job with it.

Unity of Command II now has a release date, and is taking applications for beta testers. The test is due to start October 21st.

I was in the beta for the first one. Application filed.

I was too. Or maybe a couple of the DLCs. I can’t remember.

I’ll wait patiently.

Yep I signed up.