Unity2020

This makes me hopeful. Worth a read.

We the people draft two candidates: one from the center-left, one from the center-right. Once elected, they agree to govern as a team. All decisions and appointments will be made jointly in the interests of the American public. Only when they cannot reach agreement, or when a decision does not allow for consultation, does the President decide independently. A coin flip determines which candidate runs at the top of the ticket.

Candidates must meet these three criteria:

1. They must be patriotic
  2. They must be highly capable
  3. They must be courageous

After four years in office, the order reverses for the next election. This continues until the American public chooses an alternative administration or one of the members of the team cannot run for re-election, at which point a new patriot would replace them.

Also, unicorns and rainbows!

Don’t forget abortions for some, tiny American flags for others!

There is no way in hell you can pull anti-abortion, anti-science, anti-vax, anti non-whites, anti-facts anything remotely towards the center. They will never “work” with anyone else because it’s all about their beliefs and everyone else can rot.

They also play the “both sides are super corrupt” card which is bullshit. One side is insanely corrupt and the other side is fighting that corruption.

That entire thing is a joke and it’s obvious the writer is of the Libertarian bent.

We the people draft two candidates: one from the center-left, one from the center-right. Once elected, they agree to govern as a team. All decisions and appointments will be made jointly in the interests of the American public. Only when they cannot reach agreement, or when a decision does not allow for consultation, does the President decide independently. A coin flip determines which candidate runs at the top of the ticket.

This … sounds like the premise of a sitcom. (The twist - they fall in love!)

Realistically, what this means is that the President would always get his way. Either the Vice President agrees with him, or they disagree and the President “decides independently”.

Ain’t gonna work. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

No! This all sounds totally foolproof and realistic. Just give it a chance folks! I’m sure it’s not the idiotic dream of naive goofballs.

Awww that’s Carl Levin. He was an amazing senator for Michigan.

I made it this far:

If Vice-President Biden is elected, will you feel that the nation is in capable hands?

Answered in my mind “Yes”. And then skimmed the rest of that nonsense and had some good laughs.

The amount of both-sidesism that that awful thing exhibits is just remarkable. The whole thing sounds like a fantasy fever dream for disillusioned Trumpers who are starting to realize their guy is in trouble, so now a compromise seems alluring.

Oh, and apparently Joe Rogan is a fan of this nonsense. So there you go.

That started to anger me when I was reading it. The two sides are NOT the same and haven’t been for a while.

Where does Medium find these people…?

Oh, and because this thing was unsigned, I decided to look around to see who’s behind this.

Turn over some rocks, fnd the worms.

It’s Bret Weinstein, darling of the hilariously oxymoronically named “intellectual dark web”.

The Federalist website loves Bret.

Three years ago, there were anti-racism protests at the school Weinstein taught at as a biology professor. Bret was arrested in an altercation with the protesters and sued the college for not having the police remove the peaceful protest.

So yeah. There you go.

No.

Way.

Amazing the way that entire ‘proposal’ ignores the existence of Article 1 of the Constitution.

Every time those dudes are on their back foot it’s all “we need to work together, stop being so divisive” and every time they have control it’s “we need to take back America.”

This is just the former.

Yes, this. We’re going to see all kinds of “let’s tone down the rhetoric and work together, everyone!” messages from the Right as things get more and more certain about November.

This isn’t a right-wing thing. Bret Weinstein is not right wing.

When you walk with Ben Shapiro, are championed by The Federalist, and have Bari Weiss write idiotically glowing articles about you, you’re right wing, regardless of Weinstein stating that he’s “Deeply progressive.” That’s nonsense.

Weinstein’s entire con is a more elaborate take on “I’m white, why can’t I say the N-word” bullshit.

He’s right up there with the guy who always tweets he’s in liberal cafes where they talk immensely great things about Trump. Honest.

This is simply ridiculous. So if someone on the left says something that resonates with the right, they automatically become right wing? Please.

In general, people in the center right and center left can talk and recognize the value of each others’ ideas. And I tend to think that’s where the most fruitful conversation happens.

Also, does nobody here question the one-sided political echo chamber? We’re a gaming community, and yet somehow everybody is on the left and everybody on the right is a racist? Or are more moderate people just afraid to post because they’ll get shouted down?