Unpopular film opinions

Honest opinions only. Troll-free zone vvvvvvvvv^^^^^^^^^^^^

I did not care for the Godfather.

Please accept my internet high five, my brother.

The Dark Knight is inferior to Batman Begins.
The Shawshank Redemption is atrocious.

Word.

Peter Cushing is the only actor in Star Wars who isn’t awful. Charlie’s Angels 1 and Charlie’s Angels 2 rock hard. Braveheart is a silly dull movie. Armageddon deserves its place in Criterion’s catalog. Toy Story 3 is a disappointing follow-up to Toy Story 2. Inception is pointless, confusing, and turgid. Tom Cruise is still a damn fine actor. Social Network is David Fincher’s least interesting movie and, no, I haven’t forgotten about Panic Room. All of you should see Chupacabra Terror.

-Tom

District 9 was horrible to the point of wanting to walk out on it.

Ron Howard is the perfect choice to bring Michael Moorcock’s Elric to the big screen.

He probably also thinks Quantum of Solace wasn’t a messy Bourne Wannabe filled with ludicrous setpieces.

I agree about Soderberg’s Solaris being more watchable if less “evocative”

My own: Aside from Full Metal Panic, Kubrick’s movies are overrated.

The Phantom Menace is a fun action movie.

Magnolia was a great movie. Even the frog storm at the end was perfect.

Escape From LA is better than Escape From New York

The Thin Red Line was a better WW2 movie than Saving Private Ryan.

Tim Burton Batman was better than the more recent ones.

How is this against popular opinion? 8.1/10 on IMDB Magnolia (1999) - IMDb.

The Thin Red Line was directed by Terrence Malick. He’s a Kubrick level auteur where Spielberg is just a hard-working nuts and bolts director.

It is pretty fucking annoying that TWO aliens, one a full-grown queen, somehow sneak onboard that ship undetected and kill everybody.

Gotta agree on Shawshank. I mean come the fuck on.

Smokey and the Bandit 3 is, against all logic, the best one.

Start a new thread with a poll asking whether Magnolia was a good movie. Go on. I dare ya!

i agree