Unreal Tournament coming back

This is damn purty.

And now that UE4 is free for everyone, everyone can easily check out the UT4 alpha builds :-D

Facing Worlds is officially back!

Ahhhh yes, the map of unlimited sniper bullshit. God I loved that map.

Genuine question: I sort of suck ass at videogames, so it’s possible I never discovered this myself while playing UT for hours on end as a young man. Was there any other way to the opposing team’s tower other than the no man’s land across the dual bridges? I genuinely don’t understand how anyone could make it across the map alive–twice no less, in CTF–against a Fatal1ty-level talent.

OMG my favorite map ever.

Headshot
Headshot
Headshot
Headshot
Double Kill
TRIPLE KILL
MEGAKILL

ah, those were the days…

Armando, I’ve seen it done best with a combination of lots of jumping and teleporting.

That’s a lovely 10-MEGABYTE screenshot you’ve posted there.

I played that map a ridiculous number of times with bots, never against real folks. Was a lot of fun sniping the baddies on their way over.

Used to play this in instagib mode, long drawn out games with very few captures. One of the few maps I really didnt like.

Are people still playing this? I never hear anything about it from players.

Anyway, Epic is still updating it.

It’s still in pre-Alpha I see. Revive the thread when they’re close to release. :)

So I installed this yesterday, and I’ve been puttering with it, playing the tutorials and then I found the main menu and played some MP DM.

Its was like going back in time to 1999. So much fun, and I wasn’t the suckiest player :)

Downloading now. It really looks good.

Edit: Played the tutorials. It looks really good.

Anyone up for a QT3 UT DM Pre-Alpha Tourny?

I ran out of abbreviations at the end

And now I have six game launchers. ::sigh::

Man. I used to have UT skills. But it has been so long. Rusty as fuck. Great game though.

OK @Otagan and I are trying thsi one now as UT2K4 doesn’t work

Is it still in Pre-Alpha?

Wait wait wait what?

Multiplayer wasn’t connecting, I’m too old to try to figure out ports and firewalls. The new UT worked pretty well