Upcoming Boardgames on your wishlist

I thought I would create a thread for the boardgames that are on the horizon you are itching to play!

Here is my list

Siege of the Citadel- Siege of the Citadel 2nd Edition is a reboot of Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel and is set in the Mutant Chronicles universe with each player controlling one of five corporations: Imperial, Cybertronic, Mishima, Capitol, or Bauhaus.
Invasion: Free State a competitive urban tactical combat board game for 2 to 4 players. In each mission, Alien and Resistance factions conduct combat against each other in a desolate suburbs.
Space Infantry: Resurgence- This third installment in the Space Infantry series, is a single player gem and coming soon -ISH
Batman: Gotham City Chronicles- uses the Conan game mechanics and has one villain faces off against a team of heroes in one of multiple scenarios. I’m really looking forward to this one!
101 Odysseys- co-operative adventure episodes that spans several scenes with different story choices and conclusions. Every stand-alone episode tells of one of the Odyssey’s adventures through alien space,
Kaiju Conquest - A strategy wargame with Monsters?! Depicting the battle for Earth in 2116 AD, with the First InterSpecies War between the humans of the United Nations Reaction Force and the reptilian Sazzarran Empire
Marvel Strike Team - Marvel Strike Teams puts players in the role of some of their favorite Marvel Universe heroes and villains.This is minis, with story, and evolving characters. Not Gloomhaven but close enough that I’m thrilled.
Apocalypse Road - Car Wars type board game with some meat! At least that’s what the content so far looks like. I’ve been waiting for a proper board game with the Car Wars vibe!
Chronicle X- Seems like this might be a kind of XCOM dungeon crawl, with 1-7 player board game with highly-detailed miniatures and a detailed rules system
Lifeform- This looks like a modern remake of Aliens! Lifeform is a game of survival horror for two to four players in which one player takes on the role of an almost invincible, utterly hostile alien, while all other players take on the roles of the crew of commercial mining starship, Valley Forge
Middara- Middara is a 1-4 player cooperative story telling miniatures board game. Players assume the role of a party of adventurers in an ultra-modern fantasy setting that exists alongside our very own Earth.
Meltwater A game of tactical starvation - In Meltwater, two players take command of the shattered remains of the superpowers, struggling for control of the ice. Simple diceless mechanics let players displace, corner, and isolate their opponent’s survivors as they struggle to corner the worlds last remaining resources.
Nemesis- Nemesis I’m very excited about is a 1-5 player miniatures (of course) survival sci-fi game where players are woken up from hibernation as a crew of a space ship and deal with traitors and alien creatures.

Vindication (formerly Epoch: The Awakening) is a highly strategic, fantasy-based tabletop journey for 2-5 players. Play time is 15-30 minutes per player.

Thrown overboard for a life of wretchedness, you wash ashore a hostile island ruins — completely alone with nothing except the breath in your lungs and an undaunted spirit.

Through your advanced resource management, area control tactics, and freeform action selection, you’ll add companions to your party, acquire bizarre relics, attain potent character traits, and defeat a host of unusual monsters in the ultimate goal of mastering heroic attributes — and regaining honor.

This should be arriving on my doorstep any day now, hopefully. Gloomhaven Founders is also on the horizon but… i was missing pieces like many were.

I’m trying to scale back a bit so I only have one other game awaiting me but it’s still past horizon status at this point.

Interesting, added to my wishlist. I’m not sure I’ll buy it outright, but I DO want to play it, and see if it clicks! The mini look nice to!

I tried Founders of Gloomhaven, and booooy I did NOT like it for what it was…

Oh that saddens me. My group does like some moderately rated games though and really hates some of the highly rated ones. I still have hopes.

I am really hoping Vindication arrives before the next game night but… no shipping label yet. It’s coming out of WA for me, I think… would be fast.

I’ve got Pax Pamir 2nd edition coming at some point, though I kicked myself for backing it because I broke my no Kickstarter rule, and I’m not sure who I could possibly get to play it. So far I’ve been resisting the Pax Porfiriana/Pax Transhumanity/Bios: Origins Kickstarter because, while B:O sounds interesting, I still almost never pull out Bios: Megafauna 2 or Bios: Genesis.

My boardgame taste lately has been running to simple/clever/beautiful like Azul or medium-weight games in small packages, like Caverna: Cave vs. Cave. There’s nothing that’s grabbed me recently though. Maybe Sagrada? And I’ll probably get Forbidden Sky for my kids and I to play this Christmas because we like that Matt Leacock series.

Dude, you should come over and play Nemesis!

Oh. nm

Oooh, I see that FFG’s Discover: Lands Unknown is out. I’ve got 7th Continent (and am waiting anxiously for the What Goes Up Must Come Down expansion to deliver early next year to start getting serious about playing it) and D:LU looks like maybe a similar experience. Has anyone tried it?

Holy crap, are you going to buy all those games on your list? I’m out of storage space, if I want to get a new game I pretty much have to get rid of one.

Most of those games will get delayed, and a few of them might disappear based on my previous years wish list. Only a couple Ill buy without reviews, so reviews will thin a few more out , Ill probably get 4 of them max next year :)

The ones I’m most excited about right now are:

Underwater Cities - A game about building a network of underwater cities using a strange tableau building / worker placement mechanic. I’m most interested in this because it’s by Vladmir Suchy and his last game Pulsar 2849 was my favorite game last year.

Blackout Hong Kong - This looks like it carries over a lot of mechanics from Alexander Pfister’s previous game Mombasa. The theme in Mombasa makes me uncomfortable getting it out, but in this game you’re scrounging for survival in Hong Kong after the power goes out. A much more compelling and less problematic theme.

Keyforge - This is Richard Garfield’s (of Magic the Gathering and Netrunner) new game. I don’t like building decks, but I like playing the games that come with decks. This game is exclusively played with pre-built decks. I’m really interested to see how it turns out and what sort of community forms around it.

One more I just thought of:

Bunny Kingdom: Cloud Kingdom - This is an expansion pack to Bunny Kingdom, another Richard Garfield game and among my favorite gateway games out there. The expansion looks like it adds a new board and some new cards, and there was a hint it presents more ways to get points from many small kingdoms. I think that strategy was viable in the base game, but more dependent on getting exactly the right cards then the massive kingdoms approach. It’s also a really fun strategy where you’re stressed out your kingdoms will grow too powerful each turn. Anyways, cute fun game looks like it’s getting a cute fun expansion.

Mostly excited about Imperial Struggle from GMT. Other than that, nothing really comes to mind.

After watching this review, I’m adding Treasure Island to my list:

Finding treasure, drawing on a map, misdirection, a smidge of cooperation, but everybody being in it for themselves; also, easy to learn. Seems like it will be awesome to play with the family at Christmas.

I have a P500 order in for this, hoping it turns out well.

1862 printing from GMT and 1830 reprint from Lookout games. That new Dominant Species game looks pretty rad too.