Upcoming Dominions 3 Desura Release and New Patch in December

I dont think it will get more exposure unless someone volunteers to “unpaid intern” the position. Illwinters other game (Conquest of Elysium 3) is on Desura, GamersGate, and Steam. There was no PR provided and the forums are pretty light.

Of course Steam did generate a lot of cheap gamers and PR’d itself that way so if Dom3 can get on Steam the same should happen to Dom3. I dont know where they will go for support. Maybe a fan site will take them in. Desura has the “official forum” for CoE3 and does ok but since CoE3 is Dom3 lite that was kindof a light load.

Various efforts exist to trying to scrape the Dom3 forum on Shrapnel to store what is there. Especially the file linked stuff. That is all just in case of course. If Shrapnel keeps to its previous actions then the forum there is likely to stay open.

Backups are your friend. :)
If you have even a really REALLY old backup of your harddrive somewhere then your key is a plain ascii file named “key”. Illwinter games were created in happy days of trust that are long gone now in the age of encryption.

The 3.28 patch for Dominions 3 has been released.

But presently since there is no publisher, you need to go to www.Illwinter.com to get it. And there are other tidbits of news available there.

By the way Illwinters other game Conquest of Elysium 3 also has recently released a patch

As a fellow Shrapnel vet, I can tell you Shrapnel was originally extremely adverse to digital downlaods, but eventually came around. Even then, though, the digital download versions were weird and not really industry standard. (For a while, they were offered only as CD images.)

This is news I’ve been waiting for. It has taken somewhat longer then expected :P

I bought Dominions 2 very shortly before 3 came out and couldn’t explain away the high price to buy it again so soon. Also I’ve never been a fan of the Schrapnel system / webstore to put it mildly.

I missed the mentioned BIG sale, but with this news I’m pretty happy about that, since I really like the Desura system and look forward to buy more games there.

So it coming to Desura is good news and if it has a reasonable price, I might well pick it up there.

Really enjoying COE 3 and while not playing it much at the moment with all the fall games. I’ll be picking that one up again soon. I bought COE 3 at launch for full (but reasonable) price by the way and didn’t regret that for a moment.

Good move!

ANNOUNCING a Major Necromancy!
Dominions and Dominions II will be offered on Desura.com