Upcoming Release Schedule

With the Christmas season approaching, I find myself in posession of a decently large gift card to EB at the best time of the year. It’s enough to get one shiny new game at full MSRP, which is a luxury I normally don’t indulge in. As such I’m interested in what’s coming out in the next month and a half or so. I can page through sites like Gamespot and Gamespy, but there’s a lot of editorial content to wade through to get to the “Okay, these 5 games are coming out on PC that I’m interested in, and these 6 on PS2, …” point. So I’d like to go from a simple list of upcoming releases toward the other direction. However, I don’t know of a site that lists such things. Any suggestions?

I don’t have a console list handy, but here’s a PC roundup.

(there was a thread like this recently, but I can’t find it.)

// Shooters
Battlefield 2: Special Forces
Bet on Soldier
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood
Call of Duty 2
FEAR
GUN
Quake 4
Serious Sam 2
Star Wars Battlefront II
Suffering - Ties that Bind
Vietcong 2

// Action / Adv
Cold War
King Kong
Matrix Path of Neo
Prince of Persia 3
Ultimate Spider Man

// Strategy
Age of Empires 3
Black & White 2
Blitzkrieg II
Civilization IV
D&D Dragonshard
Dawn of War: Winter Assault
Diplomacy
RCT3: Wild!
Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion
Shattered Union
The Movies

// RPG
City of Villains
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
EQ2: Desert of Flames
Fable: The Lost Chapters
X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse

// Sports & Racing
FIFA 06
NBA Live 06
Need for Speed Most Wanted
NHL 06
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

// Adventure
Indigo Prophecy
Myst V

want to add in stragtegy

ufo aftershock

Given your restrictions, I can’t point my gnarled little finger at Darkness Rising.

So, I’m gonna go with Civ 4.

-Walt

I guess you can add Fifa Manager 06 to that as well.

— Alan

<shameless plug>

… Should be in the stores by “Nov. 2005” unless something goes horribly wrong:[ul]// Simulation
S.C.S. - Dangerous Waters[/ul]</end shameless plug>

Let’s see… For me, that’s:

// Shooters
FEAR

// Strategy
Age of Empires 3
Civilization IV
The Movies

// RPG
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (Xbox 360 version)

// Simulation
S.C.S. - Dangerous Waters

What I need to buy is some time to play all these games…

BTW - F.E.A.R will be in stores on the 18th. It has already shipped.

Awesome!

I got a $50 gift certificate to Best Buy for my birthday, but I’m holding out for either Shadow of the Collosus or Soul Calibur III later this month. That ole’ PS2 has got yet another holiday season in it!

Whoa. I’d completely missed Soul Calibur 3. Is that a PS2 exclusive? If so, the combination of those 2 is going to make me break down and get a PS2. :-(

Yep, ps2 only.

Damn. I couldn’t find anything but PS2 references, and was hoping I might have missed some note that it was coming out later for other systems.

Weird, since so much of the game seems basically the same as SC2, which was available for all 3 platforms.

It’s really a lot different from the other games because of the customizability of the characters. There’s a lot of stuff that they’ve done with that. They also wanted to focus on one platform so they could really make that one top notch instead of catering to each of them with a similar game that’s more generic.

Anyway, definitely PlayStation 2-only.

–Dave

Permanently PS2 only? Or will waiting 10 months bring a change?

Dave, I definitely agree the character customizability sounds really cool, and I didn’t mean to imply it’s just a rehash of SC2. I just meant that the core mechanics and rendering seem much the same, so most of the work for porting would already be done.

Well, after a bit of digging it’s either going to be FEAR for the PC or Dragonquest VIII for the PS2. Tough decision.