updated for nov 2016: Voidtools' Search Everything !

One of my top 3 all-time Windows utils released a new beta in November!

www.voidtools.com

Sweet! You haven’t moved on to Listary though? Most of the Everything peeps I know have started using that. I’m still trying to handle the adjustment of Everything + Launchy -> Listary myself.

wait, no. what is this listary?

I was going to get snarky and link lmgtfy, as I was googling Listary for myself anyway. But then I got confused by the 2nd result being a ‘goodbye to Listary’ blog post. Turns out there was a phone list-making app also called Listary.

Here is the file finder: http://www.listary.com/

I’ll have to give it a try.

oh so it’s a mashup of quicksilver/butler/afred/launchy too. $20usd? i’ll give it a shot.

Here was some of our peeps discussing it @rei :

Listary is wonderful. I absolutely adore it. Was never a heavy Launchy/Everything user, though.

Everything has revolutionised my workflow since someone on here mentioned it about a year or so ago. What an incredible tool. Will look into Listary but Everything has been perfect at work and at home. Saved me hours and hours of hunting across labyrinthine folders and numerous networked drives.

Tried Listary and went back to Everything as I’m more used to it and prefer the larger output window.

Don’t mind me, just testing a theory that telefrog has some kind of alert system in place. This thread is visually stunning.

Hahahaha this is an awesome and hilarious post.

Thank you so much arrendek. I was waiting this thread. It is really great user friendly and smooth.

No problem. You should probably thank @Gendal too, it might have been his post that got me to finally try it. :)

Everything can still be better than Listary for some edge cases but for the most party Listary is just so nice.

I paid for Pro, but it’s really not necessary at all. I really hope they get in Plugin support.

What do you even get with Pro, @Gendal? I didn’t realize such a thing existed.

Keywords and uh. Yeah. I just wanted to support the app mostly.

Totally legit. If I were less broke…

Just to chime in on how wonderful Listary is to searching TB of files and it’s just so mind boggling that Windows Search could not even come close to this. In fact, Windows Search does not function at all (that hour glass thingy kept turning every time I search). And yeah, I also paid for Pro, just because I can get Themes. You gotta like the Solarized Theme (firstly made me aware of such a geeky theme by @stusser) . Anyway, Listary all the way!