Upgrading the HQ, love me some home improvement.

State of Decay 2?

Wait, this thread isn’t about real home improvement projects?

Wow, those graphics are nice. I will likely not own good enough hardware for another decade though.

:(

(Ignoring the fact that the game was released on a console and not PC.)

I have no idea, but I am gonna do them all as its my favorite part of games that offer it!

Anyone new Upgradable base games since the last post?

Are there any space sims with upgradable bases?

I thought of IWar2, but IIRC you can’t upgrade the base, only the ship. The base is still awesome, though.

The mothership in Homeworld also doesn’t count since it’s not stationary. Plus the upgrades are all kind of combat related.

Startopia, but that’s probably not quite what you were asking for (but worth playing!)

AI War. Not a space sim, but neither is Homeworld.

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw has a base you can upgrade through missions.

Nice, glad to see more games doing that.

Any reports in from Greedfall / Gears 5 / Borderlands 3? Have any of them a base or hq that you can improve?

No idea, but Queen’s Wish by Vogel’s Spiderweb Software not only has a fort you can (capture and) improve, it has a whole bunch of them. And various improvements not only upgrade the fort itself, but affect security of the region, quality of store inventories, gold and resource income, aesthetics, and your own party’s combat readiness, and more.

I’m not 100% through it, but not far from it and thus far Borderlands 3 allows very minor cosmetic upgrades to the home base (Sanctuary.)

I don’t believe there’s anything like that in Greedfall.

Yea, Greedfall doesn’t have a base to upgrade.

Heard there is a pretty sweet homestead in AC Valhalla coming out tomorrow.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-10-12-assassins-creed-valhallas-settlement-explored-your-new-viking-home

Anything worth mentioning in any of the other games released in the last year?

My Valhalla settlement is almost level 4, loving the little side quests present that let you get to know the people living there better. :)

Wonder if the designers for this area were the same ones who did the AC3 homestead.

It has been 8 months since my last post, I know the upcoming Chernobylite will have some HQ upgrade plans. So has anything else released in the past few months that has some HQ improvement aspect?

Update on my Valhalla settlement, its at level 5. I just got a farm!

Dying Light 2, fulfilling my upgrade the HQ City needs.

Decided to revisit Valhalla over the weekend, was able to get Ravensthorpe up to level 5, and now the settlement upgrade bar moves very slowly, and I am thinking I will need to raid everything on the map to get enough resources to hit level 6.

Anyone max out Ravensthorpe ?

Also how in the hell does this not have a home village map, using the bird to fly around looking for buildings to upgrade is the worst.

This has been helpful.

Has anything else released in 2022 that has a decent base to build/upgrade ?

I see that Cult of the Lamb has a nice village to upgrade.