Uplay Tries To Beat Origin At Trying To Beat Steam

Thanks. I just checked, I have 59 Ubipoints. I checked the games I have on U-play, I already have all the Club Rewards for the games I play there (including a dungeon thing and a quest for M&M X). I need to go into the Ubisoft app on Xbox, there’s a bunch of Assassin’s Creed games I own on there that I haven’t played yet, ever. I bet they have some nice rewards available. (AC IV, V, VI for example).

If they are Ubipoints earned in the last 2 years, you won’t lose those .

They are not. I haven’t earned any Ubipoints in the last fours years or so, except maybe for doing some stuff in Assassin’s Creed 3. 10 or 20 of the points might be from that game actually.

Ubisoft subscription service incoming? Blech.

Yup.

While I used to think the EA Access sub had a lot of value it just doesn’t anymore for me. I don’t play sports games and Anthem and Battlefield just seem really depressing. I would be much more interested in an Ubisoft sub since I tend to play (or have intentions of playing) most Ubi releases. That said, I own most of the recent Ubi back catalog so the sub would need to include access to future titles.

Likewise. I’m not renewing my EA Access sub. I mean, it was great back in the day, but EA’s recent releases have been dogshit. But I’m interested in a similar Ubi Access subscription service. I’m not going to buy the new Ghost Recon game, or a new Far Cry, and so on, but if I eventually get them through this? Sure.

I won’t be renewing in October but appreciate Mutant Year Zero and the This is the Police games. Maybe if EA made a PC version of NHL.

There’s plenty of value in cheap subscription services as long as the games get played. But for me, my backlog is too big to deal with most of them so I just stick with Humble; the games won’t time out on me if I stop the subscription.

I think both EA and MS do at least make it painless to cancel and resubscribe. I can’t quite remember what happens to save games. Maybe too much to hope for, dunno.

Being able to play a game I do not intend to replay for 15 bucks at launch instead of 60 is not that bad tbh

Although I only have EA sub because I forgot to cancel the autorenew, since their new games are not interesting to me. But then I used it for Ghost of a Tale which was great so I am not complaining.

Currently, I’m only on the Xbox sub. I dropped the EA one after I stopped playing BFV and Anthem ended up being a chore. Plus, the Xbox one has been on sale multiple times the last few months so I think I got it on a 3 month pass for $15 which is great. Not sure about Uplay, but if the price is right I’m in.

I keep my EA sub going just so I can play Madden/Fifa/NHL if the urge catches me, which it generally does at least once a month. And it’s nice having access to things like Unravel and Mirrors Edge, even if I don’t really play any of EA’s big non-sports franchises. I did finish the Titanfall 2 campaign though. I find it still has value.

I went to cancel my EA sub and then said, eh, it’s 100 a year, and there are a TON of games I “might” want to try available. So, let it ride I guess.

Or it’s £40 a year if you don’t need to play games on release.

I noticed that Assassin’s Creed III is no longer available on uPlay or Steam (this is probably not a new development), replaced by the Remastered version. I received it for free ages ago in one of Ubisoft’s giveaways, but there’s no way to ever get the DLC content for this version now. When the Sleeping Dogs remaster hit, they left the store page up so old owners could still grab the DLC content. The remaster eventually ended up being cheaper than that anyway, but it was a nice gesture.

On the Xbox, all the DLC is rolled up as part of the remaster. Assuming that’s the case on all platforms.

Any sale on Division 2 right now?

Goodie.

Oh right, people paid for this separately? I just assumed most folks got it as one of the extras in Odyssey’s goodie bag.