Uplay Tries To Beat Origin At Trying To Beat Steam

Very strange intention, but what do I know about selling games anyway.

Perhaps they should rethink having fresh interns exclusively work on their digital storefront. It doesn’t seem to be working out for them.

Huh I finished AC3, then started it again to finish some afterending stuff, and uplay updated:
http://uplay.ubi.com/en-GB/news/uplay-pc-update-now-available

Pretty good, finally unified library, decent design and ability to redeem keys directly.

Wow. That’s good news. They really should not have launched without those features in place.

Yep. An improvement. It found and registered my copy of Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood, but it doesn’t accept my Far Cry 2 key. :(

It’s weird seeing Mass Effect 3 in UPlay.

ME3 in in UPlay? Does it require the Origin client? If not, I wonder if it will be on Steam at any point.

4 days after buying from Steam a HAWX 2 DLC key that was “already used” and I can’t register in UPlay, still no response from Ubisoft support. Took 4 days for Steam to respond “we can’t help you, contact Ubisoft”

Steam support is probably one of the worst supports I’ve ever encountered. If there was ANY viable alternative I would have left Steam a LONG time ago.

UPlay support is also kind of useless. Took 5 days to reply “try it in the Uplay client” which plain doesn’t work but says “invalid key” – when I redeem it in-game in the additional content/DLC/extras menu of HAWX2, it says “key already used up”

Fuck!

Hilariously, over a week later Ubisoft support replies they “don’t have new keys” for the Open Skies DLC (but the game is on sale on Steam still?) and are offering me another game instead.

Wow this store is something else. I added South Park to my cart and then decided not to purchase it from them, so of course the adding it to my cart was an order. They then proceeded to email me to remind me that I haven’t paid. I don’t think I’ve ever had a storefront email me to remind me that I haven’t paid for stuff that I haven’t obligated myself to pay for.

Thank you for your order from The Official Ubisoft Online Store on March 3, 2014. We have not yet received payment during the past 3 days and your order has been canceled.

If you have already sent payment, please disregard this notice as your order will be processed when your payment is received. If you have not yet sent payment, your order will not be processed. If you still want to complete your purchase you must place a new order.

Two weeks now after buying HAWX 2 DLC, and nothing to show for it.

Hey! So… What’s up with Ubisoft’s upcoming games disappearing from Steam?

Far Cry 4 - not there.
Assassin’s Creed Unity - not there

Same as EA with Origin, yeah? Ubisoft has Uplay and they got their own thing going on.

Definitive answer - http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/shooter/far-cry-4-na/

UPlay is no where near as bad as it was in the past. It’s been pretty rock solid (for me) since the release of Black Flag.

What’s definitive about that? GMG still selling it doesn’t have anything to do with it not being on Steam unless I’m missing something.

It was on Steam for preorder up until a couple of hours ago.

Edit: They’re still on Origin as well. Origin for macOS - Electronic Arts

Looks like it’s UK only?

Nope. All over the world. Reports are coming in.

The linked issue is a UK one. This is new.

Interesting. I never buy Ubi games on Steam since it creates some weird UPlay shell anyway, but it is a huge market. Wonder why they are excluding themselves from it.