Uplay Tries To Beat Origin At Trying To Beat Steam

Doesn’t seem to be a glitch. From the SteamDB entries:

[298110] Removed store name – Far Cry® 4
[324340] Removed store name – Far Cry® 4 Season Pass
[324330] Removed store name – Assassin’s Creed® Unity Season Pass

Whatever’s going on, it’s intentional.

Edit: The Crew is gone as well now, and that had a front page splash this morning when I was checking on the Season Pass story.

Meanwhile, the latest Uplay update has this:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/943191-Uplay-PC-Client-Update-4-9-05-11-2014

Change for Steam players

We’re continuing to make big changes for our Steam players. Alongside the last update which allows you to automatically log in with Steam, you will now see all of your other Steam purchased Uplay games in the Uplay client when launching a game from Steam, making it easier to find the content you own.

I love the way they try to frame “steam players” as a niche.

My friend who has all the AssCreed games on Steam is freaking out, his OCD requires he own all the games on Steam, or so he is telling me. He said its the end of times, lol.

The thread over on GAF is on fire! :D

While I enjoy Steam for all its benefits, I think its a good thing that it has competitors. Origin is going along nicely it seems, and Uplay can hopefully become a player as well.

Well, all his games are still on Steam.

edit: ok ok I didn’t read all the posts, I didn’t knew of the news of ubisoft games being removed.

As mentioned elsewhere, word is that it may be an error, by Steam and that it was meant to be UK only.

…And they’re back.

Unless you’re in the UK. Eat it UK!

Maybe this is their penalty for not paying their European Union taxes. No Ubisoft games on Steam for you! The French are pissed!

removing your posts, eh? ;-)

Removing posts?

Well, I could have sworn you replied to me that it was the whole world. Its of no importance, though. :-)

I think that was another thread, and it was the whole world… Yesterday.

We’d like to keep you informed via email about product updates, upgrades, special offers and pricing. If you do not wish to be contacted via email, please ensure that the box is not checked.

Love you guys.

“You will now receive the failing grade you requested.”
– Stephen Colbert, Upright Citizens Brigade

That’s pretty standard marketing check box fare. My favourite trick is when they have two boxes for internal and external spam consent, and the protocol is different for each one.

UPlay removing games from UPlay libraries bought from G2A etc.

I saw that today. It doesn’t affect me, but if that G2A site (which I’m not familiar with) is supposedly selling stolen keys and the like, wouldn’t it be better business to go after the site instead of the people getting duped into buying stolen keys? It makes no sense. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game making company more actively hostile toward the people who buy their games.

They didn’t buy the game… that’s the point.

Ubi wouldn’t know if there was any other transactions after the fraudulent ones. G2A is one of many sites that people use to sell their stolen keys. They even charge for insurance that you’ll be getting a code that still works at the time of purchase.

Does anyone know how to stop the uplay client from stealing your audio output on startup of the client? Whenever I launch uplay it immediately stops itunes from playing anything and this is before i’ve launched a game.