Uranium Ore Reviews on Amazon

Apparently, you can buy uranium oreon Amazon.com. Or at least, you could, as it’s shown as “currently unavailable.”

But what’s really funny are the user reviews:

Or…

Or…

and…

There’s lots more. Funny stuff.

hahaha! Nice reviews.

Funny…

Check out the ‘customers who viewed this item also viewed’ section:

Also very funny reviews there as well.

If you look long enough you’ll find my review of Uraniaum Ore in there too. Not sure if it’s good or not (it’s from last year).

This thread has a lot more of these. Oh, Amazon.

And wasn’t there a trend a while back to write long, florid reviews of some cheap Bic pen?

It says it’s in stock right now.

So uh that actually is Uranium Ore… that you can get on amazon.

You really can get anything on amazon.

Oh man, this is a goldmine. Aside from the reviews and customer images:

:-D

The seller’s Storefront is not unlike the back page from an old comic book. Roswell soil samples, ESP testers, UFO detectors…

Seemed like most relevant thread to bump on subject of “Amazon reviews hijacked for unintentionally humorous purposes”:

Hundreds of user-submitted product photos for “Accoutrements Horse Head Mask”

errr…someone explain what this is?
http://www.amazon.com/Million-Random-Digits-Normal-Deviates/dp/0833030477/ref=pd_sim_sbs_indust_6

At a guess, it’s a book full of random numbers. They used to be used in math, statistics, and various science computations. Back in the day when a “computer” was a person who punched numbers into mechanical calculators. If you wanted to perform a calculation with a random set of inputs, you’d grab a book of random numbers off of a shelf, open an arbitrary page, and select some digits. Not just the result of random die rolls, but statistically “random” numbers that pass chi squared tests, etc.

Correct. As indicated by the author listing, it was published by the RAND corporation, which gives a hint to its original use.

Well, I found it more a more compelling read than Atlas Shrugged. Do you know if she wrote this beforehand, or is this a sign of the evolution of her philosophy?

I’m pretty sure thats a Fallout 3 blueprint.

Also, looking at the book “A Million Random Digits…”, Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed:

book “The 2009-2014 Outlook for Wood Toilet Seats”
book “Looking For-Best of David Hasselhoff”
AMSCAN Face Paint, 1-Ounce, White
book “How to Avoid Huge Ships”
what? UFO-02 Detector

So, there you have your random number audience; paranoid X-Files watching mimes with bad pop culture taste and splinters in their ass.

Another good one to read the comments on:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00012182G/ref=s9_simh_gw_p328_d0_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=0QRXE1SSX7E6MP3W05WC&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846

You missed the fresh whole rabbit.

http://www.rand.org/pubs/monograph_reports/MR1418.html

It’s free too, and in use from 1955 until today.

Can anyone explain why when I paste any random selection of it into google I get loads of hits? Even 32 sets of numbers (32 is max number of words you can search for in google) gets 50-60 hits, mostly odd url’s and “this site may harm your computer” links. I understand the numbers on the sites might not be from the book but why even host a file full of random numbers?

Spam sites have all sorts of algorithms to fill the page with “content.” It’s pretty common to copy/paste content from a book (or several books!) onto a page (or an e-mail, etc.).

See also:
Detecting Spam Web Pages through Content Analysis
Using Google cache and invisible text for spam redirect