Urban Dead

Is there any way to know if someone’s wounded besides trying to heal them with a First Aid kit? My intrepid Doctor just charged into a hospital, found a few first aid kits, and wasted about 10 AP trying to find someone who was wounded, as each failed attempt (on someone at full health) burns up an AP.

Also, what’s the deal with reading books for XP? I got a message saying “You’ve finished the book” Should I ditch it for another? After a single pass at the library, I have about 10 books (including a few poetry books). I’m not sure that was the best use of my time, but with all the zombies at the fire station…

You can buy a Diagnosis skill that will let you see people’s hitpoints. Don’t know about books, I’m barely starting the game myself.

I’m a lone police officer who escaped the Pecodside PD in search of backup. The Zombie infestation has forced me to the west, and I’m currently holed up in the Challenger Crescent PD in East Boundwood.

Hehe. Got killed.

You are dead.

Actions: Stand up (10 AP)

I fell asleep trying to figure out where the fun part was.

It grows on you. Go roll up a fireman and whack some zombies with an axe and then tell me you’re not having fun.

Yea… At first, I didn’t really dig it, but now I’m really getting in to it.

It’s also good if you make multiple accounts (as long as they are in separate areas of the world, so there’s no collusion shenanigans), so you can do “more” in a day.

Right now I have a cop, scientist and zombie. Fun stuff.

The game is a LOT better since the scripts were optimized. Turns are processed a lot faster, and I haven’t seen the “overloaded” page since the upgrade.

Great fun!

I’m TheBren, a lowly citizen who only just learned Basic Firearms (what a long haul that was!). So, I can shop and I can shoot. I’m currently holed up in the Caiger Mall in Chudleyton.

I wonder if this works with the psp’s browser…

I’m in Caiger Mall, SW section, with you Bren. Lots of people here, malls seem popular.

My axe is ready to cleave some zombie head.

Ah, this game has only fueled an insatiable hunger for brains.

Some of you guys are game developers… where’s that Fallout-style TBS zombie game that was talked about on the boards before?

Make one now, I beseech you!

And make me a bicycle, clown!

I’d kill for a decent ‘Dawn of the Dead style zombies’ jagged alliance / xcom ripoff. especially if it used the silent storm engine…

or a mod… .anything… I still can’t beleive it hasnt been done. I couldnt beleive there was no nuke submarine for GiJoe when I was little though, and there never has been one…

Haha, my brother’s character (Firestorm1034) ended up in a mall and was very surprised to see two guys (TheBren and ElGuapo) “representin” Qt3. I hadn’t been paying attention to where people were so that’s pretty cool. Guess it really is a small, zombie infested world.

Long live P&R indeed :D

I just started up as a Scout, but I forgot to tick the starting location, so I started out in Osmondville. Moved up to Crowbank, but I’m still quite a bit off from where TheBren and ElGuapo are.

In-game name is “Tay Stee”.

OK, left the mall, axed a zombie (one hit kill… musta been on his last leg), but I can’t get back in. I’m in the Necrotech building just one block east now (The Latrobe Building).

Some guy named Bong Smoker is here. I’m thinking of cleaving his skull in two with this thing.

Yeah I got locked out of the mall too. I’m now in the Eden Library just west.

What do wirecutters do?

The axe for the fireman is awesome.

They’re for cutting through the fences around junkyards, power stations, etc. At the moment, most of them are already cut through so wire cutters aren’t much use in general. But eventually there will probably be a Repair skill or something that will allow Humans to fix the fences.

I’d kill for a decent ‘Dawn of the Dead style zombies’ jagged alliance / xcom ripoff. especially if it used the silent storm engine…

or a mod… .anything… I still can’t beleive it hasnt been done. I couldnt beleive there was no nuke submarine for GiJoe when I was little though, and there never has been one…[/quote]
Jebus gods YES! I would bloody KILL (and eat brains) for this game. :twisted:

Jebus gods YES! I would bloody KILL (and eat brains) for this game. :twisted:[/quote]

Amen, brothers. Amen.